• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Exactly, It got to the stage where the more it was questioned the more it got confusing, we thought we understood it then someone would post something totally different from their dealer and it started all over again.
Apparently it really has to be activated at the PDI to work correctly if not then it's not worth activating as the monitoring won't be as precise, he also mentions if you do under 10k a year then you'll benefit more from a yearly service

Stated in my service book -
"All Honda cars now have variable servicing. Unless otherwise stated the Service vehicle Reminder System (SvRS) is active on all models"

Looks like it is on from the factory and needs to be turned off if desired.
To be perfectly honest I don't know how it works...I really should spend some time reading about it in the handbook.
All I want is to have my car serviced once a year. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
800 miles covered and mine is indicating 3100 miles :rolleyes::confused:

Presumably it depends on how much town Vs motorway you do and how much you rag it. I seem to the dealer glossing over short service intervals when I asked him about it. I only do about 5k a year so will probably just get it done annually.

800 miles covered and mine is indicating 3100 miles :rolleyes::confused:

I picked mine up with 4500 on the clock it said Oil Service due in 2500 miles, now with 6500 on the clock it says 2000 until due. Yes I'm driving it as I own it, and not like someone who stole it in the case of all those demo miles.

my service manager said first service is just an oil change and that the car will tell me when it's time, it'll certainly (should be) before August (first birthday) that I'll be booking it in.

so when folks says "just oil" do they mean simply vacuum out the old oil and top up, or do they mean oil and oil filter? I wonder if to ask to see the old filter and draw a pattern on the old one before it goes in to check it's actually been done?

erm....to save on costs and time?

my old Audi A3 which was in for injector recall. Audi UK did not authorise the use of a new £3 rocker gasket in the job, so the dealer re-used the existing gasket, which of course didn't reseal properly after expanding and being tightened back down. They then had to swallow the 2 hour job to replace the gasket, and clean down the back of the engine block and undertrays.

an air filter can just get a quick henry hoover to clear out the visible dust and thats if you're lucky...

If you reach 1 year the car should need the full 1 year service whether it's telling you or not,
Pretty sure it says whichever ever comes first in the book.

When's the air filter change on these, the FK2 is 3 years

Just for a laugh I put my car details into webuyanycar and it came back at exactly 27 grand.
I checked what the CAP value is and top trade in price ranges from £27400 to £29250.
Even though it might technically be worth it....I doubt very much I would ever be offered 29 grand. :lol:
All simply for amusement of course....I will be keeping my car for a while yet. :)

Tgm are at Dubai for the 24h race

feb1254111ad2c4207bf6a5de9bf8ca7.jpg
a158e75b2aa49c0248d1dec19ed38701.jpg

I let Tom have a go in mine the other day and he was very impressed.

He hadn’t driven a stock one ..

So they purchased one then? Last time I spoke to Tom he wasn't sure if they were going to or not.
Are they still planning to race the FK2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are those lights or something else entirely (cameras, sensors?) just above the lip of the bonnet/badge?

Front Type r badge is wrong side.....just saying....

Bit of a tradition that now, the Team Dynamics BTCC team have it on that side on most of their cars.

tc_105.jpg

The FK8 at Dubai is a JAS car, so fits that it is on that side.

(from JAS release photos)
IMG_0513.jpg

Back