• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Here was me thinking Fords were the ones with reliability issues from new?

e0c0ffd8c217c7dacd3f7b3b202d921c.jpg

And Lotus. Mine hasn't been on a lowloader yet!! :lol:

Anybody noticed that the steering wheel on the FK8 is like a old Vauxhall wheel with a few red bits on ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The hrv I had recently reminded me of the fk2 in terms of layout - Steering wheel has a better feel to it

253dba5880e58348a3e03790947e1b6b.jpg

Hot hatch of the year 2018 award Hyundai i30 N
What Car and Top Gear magazine voted the FK8 as hot hatch of the year, with the latter also voting it outright car of the year 2017.
While the i30N maybe a good car, I am sick of it being compared in the same class as the FK8 when it clearly is not. I may have already said this once or twice. :lol:

Don't worry Ron I hear you mate (heard you the first time right enough but anyway :))

It's a cracking first effort though, imagine they will do a special edition based on the great feedback it's had and their next one will be in 'our' class no doubt. Wonder if it will be easier to remap than ours as well....

What Car and Top Gear magazine voted the FK8 as hot hatch of the year, with the latter also voting it outright car of the year 2017.
While the i30N maybe a good car, I am sick of it being compared in the same class as the FK8 when it clearly is not. I may have already said this once or twice. :lol:

Well its 2018 now though ? The award described is a 2018 one.

Sorry Ron, but I would say it's in exactly the same class, a fwd hot hatch for around 30k. I test drove the fk8 last year and thought it was a great car, not sure why you're getting offended?

Sorry Ron, but I would say it's in exactly the same class, a fwd hot hatch for around 30k. I test drove the fk8 last year and thought it was a great car, not sure why you're getting offended?
First of all I am not getting offended, I am simply being realistic based on the figures. :)
You are correct in that it is a FWD hot hatch, but that is where the similarity ends compared with FK8 and the other current cars it is regularly compared with - Focus RS and Golf R(yes both AWD).
The i30N comes in 2 power levels and 2 prices, with the top package having 271BHP costing £28K. 0-62 takes 6.1 seconds with a top speed of 155mph.
I mean no disrespect to the i30N whatsoever, it is probably a very good car, but based on all the figures its chief rival is the Focus ST.

P.S. My feeling on this would be exactly the same regardless of what car I happen to own, because it has nothing to do with that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all I am not getting offended, I am simply being realistic based on the figures. :)
You are correct in that it is a FWD hot hatch, but that is where the similarity ends compared with FK8 and the other current cars it is regularly compared with - Focus RS and Golf R(yes both AWD).
The i30N comes in 2 power levels and 2 prices, with the top package having 271BHP costing £28K. 0-62 takes 6.1 seconds with a top speed of 155mph.
I mean no disrespect to the i30N whatsoever, it is probably a very good car, but based on all the figures its chief rival is the Focus ST.

If you're basing it from 0-60 figures the Honda falls short of the focus and golf by more of a margin than the Hyundai does the Civic despite being regularly compared to one another, does that mean that the focus is out of the Honda's league?

Let's not mention the 27k m140's.

Figures really don't acquaint to much anyway, I'm sure they both make their owners smile down a b road.

does that mean that the focus is out of the Honda's league?
Yes, Focus ST is a class below the FK8.
Its like putting an ST in same class as an RS.
To be honest I am not completely comfortable with the FK8 being compared with the current AWD hot(hyper) hatches, but all its competitors happen to have AWD so what can you do. :lol:
For the record I put the A45 and RS3 a class above the FK8.

Its not purely about 0-62 times....power output, top speed, price and build quality put a car into a certain class. Honda need to work on that last point with the FK8 because it is definitely not the best.

Just being realistic about it...definitely no loyalties here. :)

Back