• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Its getting embarrassing now....!!! Can anyone remember a car winning soo many accolades!!? Seeing of the mighty alfa as well....

I'm pretty sure Hot Hatch class means any reasonably fast hatchback. Whether you deem whatever car to be in a different, "Class," to the other, they all fall into the bracket of Hot Hatch.

Next year or could be the new Fiesta ST winning all of the accolades. It's about the car, the package and how it is to drive, not how long it takes you to lose your licence.

Yes, Focus ST is a class below the FK8.
Its like putting an ST in same class as an RS.
To be honest I am not completely comfortable with the FK8 being compared with the current AWD hot(hyper) hatches, but all its competitors happen to have AWD so what can you do. :lol:
For the record I put the A45 and RS3 a class above the FK8.

Its not purely about 0-62 times....power output, top speed, price and build quality put a car into a certain class. Honda need to work on that last point with the FK8 because it is definitely not the best.

Just being realistic about it...definitely no loyalties here. :)

I was on about the RS Focus not the ST although I wasn't clear on that, given that it's got 350bhp and a 0-60 time of 4. Something seconds is it a league above the Civic?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on about the RS Focus not the ST although I wasn't clear on that, given that it's got 350bhp and a 0-60 time of 4. Something seconds is it a league above the Civic?
The Focus RS has 345BHP and the FK8 has 316BHP(both correctly rounded).
I said I wasn't completely comfortable with the FK8 being compared with AWD cars, but it is the odd one out by not having it.
Regarding on the road performance between Focus RS and FK8, when you remove standing start acceleration the latter provides a very good match with virtually nothing in it according to some published tests.
It looks like we are not going to see eye to eye on this subject. :)
This all came about by me saying the Hyundai i30N is a class below the FK8 and a direct competitor for the Focus ST, a statement I absolutely stand by. :)

The Focus RS has 345BHP and the FK8 has 316BHP(both correctly rounded).
I said I wasn't completely comfortable with the FK8 being compared with AWD cars, but it is the odd one out by not having it.
Regarding on the road performance between Focus RS and FK8, when you remove standing start acceleration the latter provides a very good match with virtually nothing in it according to some published tests.
It looks like we are not going to see eye to eye on this subject. :)
This all came about by me saying the Hyundai i30N is a class below the FK8 and a direct competitor for the Focus ST, a statement I absolutely stand by. :)

So the Rs is in the same class as the Type R despite the civic not being as quick to 60 and having less power but the i30n isn't in the same class as the Type R because it's slower to 60 and has less horsepower?

So the Rs is in the same class as the Type R despite the civic not being as quick to 60 and having less power but the i30n isn't in the same class as the Type R because it's slower to 60 and has less horsepower?
You are clearly not listening to everything I am saying therefore forcing me to repeat myself. :?
Its probably better if we agree to disagree. :smt058

You are clearly not listening to everything I am saying therefore forcing me to repeat myself. :?
Its probably better if we agree to disagree. :smt058

Just sounds a bit like double standards Ron, they are all similar in size, similar in price hot hatches so they will inevitably be compared to one another.

They are all hot hatches. However where differ is in the pricing strategy which then, imo, subdivides the category.

If you consider the CTR at around £31k, then it is likely you consider the RS/Golf R/140i.

If you are looking at the i30N, you are more likely to consider the ST/GTis.

I personally do not necessarily believe 0-60 times or max speed would be the determining factors.

they are all similar in size, similar in price hot hatches
i30N is not similar in price to FK8, but along with power it is to a Focus ST.
2 models of i30N against 2 models of FK8.....smallest basic price difference is £3k while largest is £8k, but if using spec equivalents the difference is £6K and £5k.
Some might say these are similar prices, but when using £30k as a mid point they certainly are not to me.

You might be thinking just because I own an FK8 I am defending it, but I definitely am not.
No double standards, no loyalties, just facts. :)

P.S. I told myself I wasn't going to say anymore on the subject, but I really am finished with it now. :lol:
You could though and possibly earn yourself another pat on the back Thank You for a useful post. ;)

P.P.S. Despite maybe not seeming like it, I have enjoyed our debate. :)

It's still in the running for world car of the year in March, also on the front cover of demon tweeks magazine which looks quite tasty

i30N is not similar in price to FK8, but along with power it is to a Focus ST.
2 models of i30N against 2 models of FK8.....smallest basic price difference is £3k while largest is £8k, but if using spec equivalents the difference is £6K and £5k.
Some might say these are similar prices, but when using £30k as a mid point they certainly are not to me.

You might be thinking just because I own an FK8 I am defending it, but I definitely am not.
No double standards, no loyalties, just facts. :)

P.S. I told myself I wasn't going to say anymore on the subject, but I really am finished with it now. :lol:
You could though and possibly earn yourself another pat on the back Thank You for a useful post. ;)

P.P.S. Despite maybe not seeming like it, I have enjoyed our debate. :)

I hope you didn't enjoy it too much Ron, nothing worse than spraying championship white all over the keyboard.:hide:

I'm not after a pat on the back just find your stance on this rather odd.

The 8,
Performance car shortlist
BMW M5
Civic Type R
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Audi RS 3 saloon
Lexus LC 500 coupe

Well lets change the subject..

Anybody seen this - https://youtu.be/v2DPAnkOPkA

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

utterly pointless those 'races' in my eyes. They are just for Forza makers to show how 'realistic' their game is. If the Sad fooker who lives at home with his mum wins, then the 'no real g forces, no real weather, no tyre temp etc etc come out, and when the real car wins its like 'meh' as if forza would ask Honda to allow them to use it and not let it win.......

utterly pointless those 'races' in my eyes. They are just for Forza makers to show how 'realistic' their game is. If the Sad fooker who lives at home with his mum wins, then the 'no real g forces, no real weather, no tyre temp no gearbox issues, etc etc come out, and when the real car wins its like 'meh' as if forza would ask Honda to allow them to use it and not let it win.......

Edited :lol:

Back