• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Car booked in next week for the wheel alignment and wheel nuts to be sorted. Pretty painless so far tbh.

Washed the car and noticed a mark on the front which looks like bird poo, but seeing as I clean it off immediately, it can't be that, so they're going to look at that too.

I reserve the right to be as fussy as I want with my first new car!

This thread is super useful - in every email I send the dealer I say "this is something others have experienced so must be a known issue" which is hard to push back against.

you do realise that dotty's was an ex-demo, most likely thrashed to within an inch of iit's life from the moment the key is turned?

(i should know... that's the one i test drove ;))

but yeh.. 1 car has gearbox issues on here so that must mean the entire range is a lemon.. lets return them all!! :whistle:

I'll mention mine when it's in for it first service in a little under 1000 miles (mine was also an ex-demo).

Sometimes (like a handful of occasions) it hasn't t quite dropped back into 4th gear on the down shift. and I think only once ever it failed to go into 4th on the upshift. thinking to mention it in case it starts getting worse and/or if Honda UK have been advised to do any remedial steps already (refresh gear oil?)

you do realise that dotty's was an ex-demo, most likely thrashed to within an inch of iit's life from the moment the key is turned?

(i should know... that's the one i test drove ;))

but yeh.. 1 car has gearbox issues on here so that must mean the entire range is a lemon.. lets return them all!! :whistle:

Friend of mines went at 900 miles from new purchased from the same dealership group as yours and mine , and take a look on the civic x forum to read multiple issues of it and there’s another chap on civinfo forum that has reported the same. There’s obviously an issue somewhere along the line that needs addressing.

Also worth mentioning they were pretty strict with test drives and how they are driven - although the majority of dealers are useless they don’t allow demos to get thrashed to within an inch of their lives and they are pretty selective with who actually gets to drive these cars , yours has squeaky brakes doesn’t it ? Can’t have driven the demo that hard or even yours as progressive driving eliminates that

Furthermore , Bracknell Honda are absolutely hopeless with after sales service and i would never go back.

Mine was a low mileage demo, Timmy on here is also a demo with nearly 5k miles now and his so far has been faultless.

I’ve covered 1500 miles now and everything has been fine except the intermittent 5>4 selection which is now rectified - I could have bought new but saved £5k by getting a 3 month old one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll mention mine when it's in for it first service in a little under 1000 miles (mine was also an ex-demo).

Sometimes (like a handful of occasions) it hasn't t quite dropped back into 4th gear on the down shift. and I think only once ever it failed to go into 4th on the upshift. thinking to mention it in case it starts getting worse and/or if Honda UK have been advised to do any remedial steps already (refresh gear oil?)

This is what mine was doing and it will become more frequent.

Ergo , Honda are aware of this and in my case and my aforementioned friend had a complete transmission change.

My FK8 was an ex demo with 2,800 miles on the clock. It has so far been faultless. My FK2 was also and ex demo. I agree with Dotty that Honda are very careful when then allow a test drive. They were nervous about me taking the FK2 out when I turned up in a Yaris. Slowed me to stretch the FK8’s legs but again this was in Reading central so couldn’t thrash the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car booked in next week for the wheel alignment and wheel nuts to be sorted. Pretty painless so far tbh.

Washed the car and noticed a mark on the front which looks like bird poo, but seeing as I clean it off immediately, it can't be that, so they're going to look at that too.

I reserve the right to be as fussy as I want with my first new car!

This thread is super useful - in every email I send the dealer I say "this is something others have experienced so must be a known issue" which is hard to push back against.

Interestingly my wheel nuts are absolutely fine. Though the car is garaged and now a daily.

I gave the demo car a good thrashing, they make sure you get it up to temperature first which isn't a bad thing and shows they clearly care about how they are looked after for the future owner. Probably the most difficult of the modern hot hatches to get a test drive in, in my experience. The only dealer who let me pick my own route which was a nice touch, most just send you down a dual carriageway where I live.

Also worth mentioning they were pretty strict with test drives and how they are driven - although the majority of dealers are useless they don’t allow demos to get thrashed to within an inch of their lives and they are pretty selective with who actually gets to drive these cars , yours has squeaky brakes doesn’t it ? Can’t have driven the demo that hard or even yours as progressive driving eliminates that

Furthermore , Bracknell Honda are absolutely hopeless with after sales service and i would never go back.

Mine was a low mileage demo, Timmy on here is also a demo with nearly 5k miles now and his so far has been faultless.

I’ve covered 1500 miles now and everything has been fine except the intermittent 5>4 selection which is now rectified - I could have bought new but saved £5k by getting a 3 month old one.
I didn't say that as a criticism of buying ex-demo (the impression I'm getting from your post) I was pointing out that it could have been driven by people who didn't treat it very nicely. Every 'new' car I've owned bar this one was ex-demo or similar. Tbf, often more solid then the new ones.

Nor am I saying that no one has had issues.. every car of every make had issues and niggles. It happens. Point is, you always hear the worst louder than the good, especially on a forum so I wouldn't let a few reports put a potential customer off.

They weren't strict with me. The sales girl just let me go where ever (just not back to my place unfortunately.. she was a bit of alright!) I just chose some roads, back up and down some carriageways looking for no traffic so I could floor it, no problems.. ended up driving back to the dealer of my own volition.

Never had squeaky brakes on the demo; don't have it on mine since I changed the pads. I sometimes get a tiny chirp if I'm pulling up really slowly but 99% of the time it's all gone now :)

But yeh.. bracknell were useless with that.. just showed me the manual that said brakes might make noise and basically told me to get lost.. far cry from the service I used to get when it was Clover leaf in Ascot. :/

If anyone is interested I will have x 3 alloys for sale soon , 1 has a slight marking on it , 1 is brand new and the other is used but unmarked. I will list them soon with prices to suit.

They’ll be cheaper than new from Honda which are +£400 each.

Always worthwhile having a spare alloy :)

Will be picking this up Wednesday
7154f1ac0741403059ae22b8bacab6e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On the buying a demo theme I have now bought 2, the FK2 had done 191 miles when I agreed to buy it turned out to have a knocking on the front right suspension mainly when cold and the fault was never found hence after 6200 miles I bought the FK8 demo with 1000 miles on the clock which has been faultless. Would I buy a demo again? yes for sure if the saving was there and it was for me and truth be known as the MyHonda dongle was fitted most of the time the car was a demo I can even see how and where this has been driven ;)

If anyone is interested I will have x 3 alloys for sale soon , 1 has a slight marking on it , 1 is brand new and the other is used but unmarked. I will list them soon with prices to suit.

They’ll be cheaper than new from Honda which are +£400 each.

Always worthwhile having a spare alloy :)

PM sent

Are the K&N panel filters in yet anyone who has ordered them?

not yet, I ordered mine from K&N UK they told me last week the eta was 2 weeks. so potentially next week for mine.

I think Dotty (and others here) have some on order with DREAM who have an order from K&N USA direct coming too.

Back