• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Seems like they are listening to all the negativity around the fake vents back and front.....as they seem to have...er...made them more fussy and worse..:D (may the big reveal shoot me down in flames)

Maybe they are reading now...Woohooo Honda :asw:

Hairline fractures (not a problem) can appear on the drilled disk surface around the holes which can then expand to full on cracks (a problem) if you, for example, cook the brakes on a track day. That could lead to disc failure and maybe a very nasty crash.

Probably seen by Honda as a major issue, as anything surrounding the safety of a vehicle braking system would be. I cant say i've heard of a single disc failure though.

Hairline fractures in drilled discs has always been a problem (reportedly) I'm surprised honda went with them.

Grooved make so much more sense and would probably greatly reduce the squealing issue as well by giving a channel for the brake dust to fling out from.

I know its ridiculous, but I love the look of the drilled discs....I remember seeing them as a kid on proper exotic stuff and having them on the 8 pleases me greatly....

Even 1.8 Mercs have them now as standard, so Grooved and Drilled next please Honda

I know its ridiculous, but I love the look of the drilled discs....I remember seeing them as a kid on proper exotic stuff and having them on the 8 pleases me greatly....

Even 1.8 Mercs have them now as standard, so Grooved and Drilled next please Honda

and Honda, while you're at .....make them Compact too - the car is definitely lacking something in the compact disc department :lol:

I agree, the brakes are sexual. Big sales plus point in my eyes.
Owning a car with big Brembo brakes has been on my car bucket list.

I think its jokes that, for example, on the Megane RS you have to pay extra for coloured callipers. Same on the Alfa Romeo Giulia (Veloce).
Two cars on my current consideration list.

I agree, the brakes are sexual. Big sales plus point in my eyes.
Owning a car with big Brembo brakes has been on my car bucket list.

I think its jokes that, for example, on the Megane RS you have to pay extra for coloured callipers. Same on the Alfa Romeo Giulia (Veloce).
Two cars on my current consideration list.

Ha mine to, I used to actually stick Brembo stickers to my Saxo VTS calipers...! Oh the shame....

Yeah I also think its ridiculous (and hysterical) that the Red Focus RS runout edition has non painted steel callipers....No option to have them coloured. I would have left them blue....but it would have looked like a VXR..

Champ white with Michelins and not the contis,
Starting to wonder if we're going to see performance increases, or even possible limited editions

good spot! The small spoiler could be throwing us off the scent as they are just doing 'slow' testing for now....

Right, better start saving ha, "love, that loft conversion is postponed, there is a RR on the way" :lol:

good spot! The small spoiler could be throwing us off the scent as they are just doing 'slow' testing for now....

Right, better start saving ha, "love, that loft conversion is postponed, there is a RR on the way" :lol:

Can't see the rear wiper either, track version?

*Edit*
Just spotted it in the first picture :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

or is it just a Honda Civic Type S. slightly less gnarly version. replacing the non-GT edition which I'm not sure has had that many orders compared to the GT?

Back