• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

42714896305_47d6800815_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of nice discreet touches on Honda Pro?s FK8. Really like it. Especially making the vents functional.

Yeah functional vents are a big improvement on the back.

The red test car has to be a Type S. Honda have said in a few different press releases that there will be variants. Cant see this being a 4WD model without a complete design overhaul.

Interesting that there are no fog lights on the white test car.

When you say functional vents what do you think they are doing apart from seeing the inside or behind the bumper?

Dictionary.

Vent

noun
An opening, serving as an outlet or inlet for air, smoke, fumes, or the like.
An opening at the earth's surface from which volcanic material, as lava, steam, or gas, is emitted.
Zoology - the anal or excretory opening of animals
:eek:

:lol:

Made me laugh.

But seriously, why make a vent with no venting. So silly. Either make a vent. Or no vent. Not a fake vent.
I still like it either way. I just prefer a vent to be a vent.

Dictionary.

Vent

noun
An opening, serving as an outlet or inlet for air, smoke, fumes, or the like.
An opening at the earth's surface from which volcanic material, as lava, steam, or gas, is emitted.
Zoology - the anal or excretory opening of animals
:eek:

:lol:

Made me laugh.

But seriously, why make a vent with no venting. So silly. Either make a vent. Or no vent. Not a fake vent.
I still like it either way. I just prefer a vent to be a vent.

It's created so it looks like a vent and does a good job at filling the space in the bumper. Yes they could have just changed the mould of the bumper and had that be a flat part instead, but then it would look even uglier than it does now lol.

I do personally agree though, function over form every time but you see this everywhere these days.

Do I need to mention fake and oversized exhaust tips in almost every new AMG/RS these days? On cars going into the 6 figures, that's absurd imo.

Yeah functional vents are a big improvement on the back.

The red test car has to be a Type S. Honda have said in a few different press releases that there will be variants. Cant see this being a 4WD model without a complete design overhaul.

Interesting that there are no fog lights on the white test car.

There's got to be a reason why the white one is also being tested out on the ring, surely not your usual facelift procedure.
Either track related or we're going to be seeing more performance

that was my hunch too, and from that YouTube still of the Red one going round the Ring, it looks like a non GT model in terms of the carbon trim around car (i.e. no Red Piping).

so me thinks it'll be a Honda Civic Type S to replace the non-GT model with a slightly less lairy rear spoiler and maybe a few tweaks in the front bumper so the Connoisseurs amongst us can spot it easily on the road.

that said, the amount of times I think I've seen another FK8 on the road, got all excited and raced to pulled up alongside only to find a pensioner driving along quite happily in their Civic diesel on the way to Sainsburys, so I return my baseball cap back the right way round, switch the radio back from Kiss to Radio 2 and remember I'm 45 now and not 25 :lol:

I can't see Honda producing a type S looking almost like the fk8, I also can't see the fk8 owners being that keen on that idea

Hello lads and ladyees!

Essex boy here (40 lol) not really a boy racer just a car enthusiast, had 20 new cars since been driving at 17! Ranging from Rx8, to clio sport 197, mx5, fiats, Alfa guilietta qv, scirrocos, mini cooper s, bmw 125i, mgtfs!! and my worst buy ever a fiat stilo! lol I also do sim racing and fencing (swords not gardening!) as hobbys..

So.….

Just traded Merc A250 MY16 for CTR Polished metal 18, demo with sub 300 miles on clock!! get it very soon cant wait!!!
Test driven another one and instantly loved the car. Compared to the i30n test drove the same day its in a different class!!

First Type R for me! actually first honda!! Aware of the facelift but I love the looks of the CTR so whether they fill in those holes or not doesnt bother me. IF they update the infotaintment system then so be it. BUt been using mercs rotary control for the media system and that can be quite cumbersome, so im welcoming a touch screen ha!

Cant wait to mingle with the CTR crowd!! all the best - Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that we will see a moderate power increase to 325-330bhp along with an updated diff, improved infotainment, middle rear seat belt and a couple of new colours. I think that would be enough to sway a current owner and hammer blow the opposition.

If I were Honda and given this is a world car I would introduce The 'RR' track pack, Exhaust, stiffer springs, adjustible dampers, beefier Disks and pads, harnesses with rear seat delete, RR+ mode that gives you extra 15bhp. Wouldn't sell many here but would globally, cheap to do and could charge 5k.

The biggest issue the FK8 has is image, hope the revised styling will help, for me it is the back end, but really unsure what they can do other than a complete rehash.

I think that we will see a moderate power increase to 325-330bhp along with an updated diff, improved infotainment, middle rear seat belt and a couple of new colours. I think that would be enough to sway a current owner and hammer blow the opposition.

If I were Honda and given this is a world car I would introduce The 'RR' track pack, Exhaust, stiffer springs, adjustible dampers, beefier Disks and pads, harnesses with rear seat delete, RR+ mode that gives you extra 15bhp. Wouldn't sell many here but would globally, cheap to do and could charge 5k.

The biggest issue the FK8 has is image, hope the revised styling will help, for me it is the back end, but really unsure what they can do other than a complete rehash.

Did you get an eventuri in the end ?

Did you get an eventuri in the end ?

Yes, but due to my accident I won't be driving for a minimum of 10 weeks, its not fitted yet and until I can use both hands won't be. :( Car is gathering dust attached to trickle charger on axle stands. 3 weeks now, so at least another 7 to go :(

I can't see Honda producing a type S looking almost like the fk8, I also can't see the fk8 owners being that keen on that idea

Maybe its a 'Type-R Line' - to add to the million other models everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, with AMG-Lines, ST-Lines, S-Lines, Hyuandai N-Lines, Tan-Lines, Washing lines...:)

Back