• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Hello lads and ladyees!

Essex boy here (40 lol) not really a boy racer just a car enthusiast, had 20 new cars since been driving at 17! Ranging from Rx8, to clio sport 197, mx5, fiats, Alfa guilietta qv, scirrocos, mini cooper s, bmw 125i, mgtfs!! and my worst buy ever a fiat stilo! lol I also do sim racing and fencing (swords not gardening!) as hobbys..

So.….

Just traded Merc A250 MY16 for CTR Polished metal 18, demo with sub 300 miles on clock!! get it very soon cant wait!!!
Test driven another one and instantly loved the car. Compared to the i30n test drove the same day its in a different class!!

First Type R for me! actually first honda!! Aware of the facelift but I love the looks of the CTR so whether they fill in those holes or not doesnt bother me. IF they update the infotaintment system then so be it. BUt been using mercs rotary control for the media system and that can be quite cumbersome, so im welcoming a touch screen ha!

Cant wait to mingle with the CTR crowd!! all the best - Dan

Welcome! Yeah I wouldn't exepect to see the face lift too soon surely.

What was that Merc like as they are the one below the A45 Amg aren't they? Quite quick?

Leaving the fold for now.

Will have a number of aftermarket parts and standard parts for sale soon (hks exhaust , eventuri, modulo fog lights, 3 alloys (excellent condition - 2 have almost new conti 6 on and one is brand new in the box from Honda - and a set of 4 conti 6 with approx 6-7mm from memory - full set of carpet mats and type r boot mat , black nuts and locking nuts (Honda) mugen gearknob.

Welcome! Yeah I wouldn't exepect to see the face lift too soon surely.

What was that Merc like as they are the one below the A45 Amg aren't they? Quite quick?

It was a nice motor, really nice cockpit was one of the best ive sat in just great quality really (but had its rattles - name me a car that doesnt eventually rattle ha!), and yes its the next one down from the a45. It was quick but not type r/i30n quick/rapid. Handling wasn't great to be fair. The new Aclass is adding the A35 AMG (proper 300ish bhp amg ) car between the a250 and a45. Was gonna hold out for that but cant get on with that new hitech interior, and ipads as the dash!! nah sorry merc im out !

I've found myself having "the itch" the past few day's with my FK8, even though I've only had it a few month's and cant really fault it, but I think i'd just like something with a bit more power out of the box and maby up on the comfort scales. Before getting the FK8 I had been interested in an A45 AMG, but lately have been looking at the AMG 45 CLA, or If I break the bank AMG C43. Much prefare the interior on the C43 but it's a further stretch all around. Has anyone any experience of either or if you were to jump ship what would you look at that's in a similar category to those?

Zero discount on the M2C and long lead times unless you get lucky with a cancelled slot.

The last of the run out N55 engine M2s were available as dealer stock cars or pre-registration with some hefty discounts.

I would like to see the M2 C on race track. Comparing lap times of the FK8 vs M2 at at Magny-Cour:

FK8: 2'01''51
M2: 2'03''20

M2C with 1625kg, is too heavy

Different class of cars, would be the M2 for me if
A: I could afford one, B: unsure of rear wheeled drive cars.

My mate had a chipped M3 a few years back and I've never felt power like it, soon as his foot went down it was instant and we were hitting stupidly high speeds, cracking cars the M range

If there was more rear space for my kids I would have bought M2 over FK8, dealer was crap though, superb car and quicker, it's a shame the CS doesn't get the M3/M4 seats and whilst heavy the extra tweaks I'm sure will overcome this. Looks great in orange too.

I would like to see the M2 C on race track. Comparing lap times of the FK8 vs M2 at at Magny-Cour:

FK8: 2'01''51
M2: 2'03''20

M2C with 1625kg, is too heavy

you won't notice that extra weight on the road, M division cars are leagues ahead of the type r range. I love my fk2 type R. But my e92 m3 is by far the better /more special car. I've driven the fk8 and the standard M2 . The M2 is a much better / faster/ more refined / better sounding prospect than the fk8.

...and the fact guys it will just get lost among the sea of other bmws audis and mercs that are starting to look the same. ha.. come on guys you bought the fk8 for a reason right. to be different. ?

or am I missing something?

Zero discount on the M2C and long lead times unless you get lucky with a cancelled slot.

The last of the run out N55 engine M2s were available as dealer stock cars or pre-registration with some hefty discounts.

That’s the wagon I hopped on. Mega discount ...

Back