• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Any modification not approved by the manufacturer will increase the risk of voiding the warranty.
On the other hand, manufacturers are recognising people want fancy intakes and exhaust, slowly they’re starting to include them as optional extras.
For example. New Golf R has Akrapovic titanium rear exhaust box as an optional extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there was me worrying about my panel filter on my first service.....left instructions no wash and please don't remove panel filter on the worrying 'express key drop' as there was a big queue

Turns out that's second service when they will throw it in the bin and replace it with some tracing paper...

I took my panel filter out and put the standard back in at my service, towards the end the service manager came over and said they noticed my aftermarket filter and if I want they can fit it for me :lol: I thought no chance whilst in warranty

Just a cat back exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

shocking a cat back without a map would make bugger all extra power, no extra transmission stress either.
i love my fk2, but am truly shocked at the amount of documented examples of poor customer service from honda in the past 12 months.

We are singing off a different song sheet. I wanted to stay in the car longer :lol:

The good thing about bmw is they honour warranty if you put on one of their “m performance” exhausts for example.

Unlike this poor blighter in his fk2.

2b6a567aa22c5fe58602cf3f9cae945d.jpg

That's b*llocks ;) really poor. Renault have the right attitude to 'proper use' my megane RS was regularly used on track and the dealer knew and it was encouraged.

Had a lot of mods and never talked about affecting warranty. Same with GTR. Honda have the inertia of a dealer network that's been used to selling Jaz' for too long !

I think you should sell me your eventuri to make yourself feel better about letting your Type R go ;) I can give you updates on how it sounds so you don't miss it too much ;)

Any modification not approved by the manufacturer will increase the risk of voiding the warranty.
On the other hand, manufacturers are recognising people want fancy intakes and exhaust, slowly they’re starting to include them as optional extras.
For example. New Golf R has Akrapovic titanium rear exhaust box as an optional extra.

Some forward thinking manufacturers also offer warranty approved mods *cough* Ford *cough*.

That's b*llocks ;) really poor. Renault have the right attitude to 'proper use' my megane RS was regularly used on track and the dealer knew and it was encouraged.

Had a lot of mods and never talked about affecting warranty. Same with GTR. Honda have the inertia of a dealer network that's been used to selling Jaz' for too long !

I think you should sell me your eventuri to make yourself feel better about letting your Type R go ;) I can give you updates on how it sounds so you don't miss it too much ;)

It’s for sale. Feel free to buy :)

Some forward thinking manufacturers also offer warranty approved mods *cough* Ford *cough*.
Many manufacturers have over the times have had approved modified parts and remaps. It’s just with some brands, their views and warranty procedures sometimes put a stop to it and to some it’s really not worth the hassle.
At the end of the day. The warranty only covers a ‘manufacturing defect’. The dealership has to prove to the manufacturer of that defect. If there’s any doubt then the dealer can’t claim back the costs of the repair. Initially it costs the dealer money to fix your car under warranty before it’s claimed back. Some dealers are laid back about it regarding modifications, others are very strict as they don’t want the risks of not getting paid. They have enough trouble as it is processing normal claims.

That’s a safety addition to keep the driver awake..

You’ll be disappointed to know it’s not very loud at all. Obviously it’s not a normal Akrapovic exhaust as it has to meet zee Germans approval. Even has a VW part number on it.
Saves around 10kg in weight and looks pretty though....

I took my panel filter out and put the standard back in at my service, towards the end the service manager came over and said they noticed my aftermarket filter and if I want they can fit it for me :lol: I thought no chance whilst in warranty

What, they could tell you had had a panel filter in there? Or did you have a k&n sticker on the bay? :D

The waiting room at the Honda dealer was, with the greatest respect to elders, like a doctors waiting room with an average age of plus 65. Can't think of another manufacturer with such a skewed customer base...well 95% 'older' and 5% Type r and **** all in between

The waiting room at the Honda dealer was, with the greatest respect to elders, like a doctors waiting room with an average age of plus 65. Can't think of another manufacturer with such a skewed customer base...well 95% 'older' and 5% Type r and **** all in between

I'm sure they said that's the reason they don't offer the R model throughout their range

I'd be pointing out the Remus fitted to the Spanish special edition :D

Good call that, totally forgot about their edition, would be worth mentioning just to see them justify it,
Also going back to 2015/16 when owners were posting Honda UK's responses giving the all clear to aftermarket exhausts would also be worth finding and printing off

Considering that Honda has this small loyal type r fanbase it is pretty poor business practice to **** them off with tardy warranty wrangling. Given the power of social media who is going to risk their money on something that has found a new level of un-reliability within the usually top performing Honda range backed by a now nit picking warranty system. Seems very short sighted to me.

What, they could tell you had had a panel filter in there? Or did you have a k&n sticker on the bay? :D

I remove my K&N each service, just in case they bin it, or get funny about it.

HOWEVER, fyi, Honda still know its been in there.

2nd service the Reading Honda tech monkey had plugged in and the computer gave them an unusual reading they could trace to the intake.
e.g. no matter what you try and hide a technician can, if they can be bothered, find out all your dirty modding secrets.

you'd have to be really unlucky to get a warranty push back on a panel filter but stranger things have happened no doubt. That young lad I was talking to with the FK2 had an Eventuri, intercooler, exhaust, map but Welwyn Honda fixed a cracked coolant pipe or something under warranty with a little wink so its case by case and severity of the claim I guess...

Please Honda, team up with Mugen like ford with Mountune do, youd widen your customer base for sure..

Back