• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Spotted my first fk8 tonight, sonic grey with a female driving, I have a feeling they're on the forum so gave a little toot.
Also saw an fk2, a slammed eg with ridiculous camber, 2 tourers (really like the look of those) and a couple of standard 9th gens, not bad going on an 18 mile stretch

I've only been on here a year and a bit, but guess the forum has been to shows before? Maybe some of the mods or long 'serving' members can chip in?

Went to a RWYB day there a few years ago with some other members, it was intermittent rain all day so we got 1-2 runs each, in one lane only.

Wouldn’t bother again from what I saw tbh.

Looks like that's 4 of us so far then, just need another 6 to get a club pitch! Fingers crossed it doesn't rain, but this is England...

Were you thinking of doing the weekend or just the Sunday?

I’ve read some, (!), of the comments regarding the FK8 and it appears that when it was pre-released, the model was a bit of a “Marmite” car, you either liked it, or hated it, there was no middle ground. As the thread progressed, opinions changed both ways. Further on, post release, opinions changed again, those that drove it, loved it or, even worse in my opinion, compared it to other cars. Now don’t get me wrong, since the EP3 appeared on the scene, I’ve loved the marque, in all its forms and have hankered after one for years, finally realising my dream this coming Friday when I collect my new Championship White FK8 from the dealers.
I’ve owned various performance cars, a couple of Subaru’s, including a P1, an EVO 6, a XKr and others, all radical looking and the FK8 is no exception, probably why I like it. A lot!
If we were all the same and liked the same cars, how boring would life be? Let’s be divided, let’s split opinions, it’s what makes forums like this worth the read.

Trev

Went to a RWYB day there a few years ago with some other members, it was intermittent rain all day so we got 1-2 runs each, in one lane only.

Wouldn’t bother again from what I saw tbh.

I did loads of ford days there which were great, and last years japshow was also great as I grew up reading max power and seeing all the 1000 bhp skylines, lusted after evos in my mid to late teens (never Subarus funny enough), then fast and furious came along with the rx7, and there they all are on display.

Prob just the Sunday Archer

I’ve read some, (!), of the comments regarding the FK8 and it appears that when it was pre-released, the model was a bit of a “Marmite” car, you either liked it, or hated it, there was no middle ground. As the thread progressed, opinions changed both ways. Further on, post release, opinions changed again, those that drove it, loved it or, even worse in my opinion, compared it to other cars. Now don’t get me wrong, since the EP3 appeared on the scene, I’ve loved the marque, in all its forms and have hankered after one for years, finally realising my dream this coming Friday when I collect my new Championship White FK8 from the dealers.
I’ve owned various performance cars, a couple of Subaru’s, including a P1, an EVO 6, a XKr and others, all radical looking and the FK8 is no exception, probably why I like it. A lot!
If we were all the same and liked the same cars, how boring would life be? Let’s be divided, let’s split opinions, it’s what makes forums like this worth the read.

Trev

Welcome Trev, best colour!!! Awesome car history

Marmite is an understatement. While every review puts it number one, the motoring press can't help but absolutely slate the looks. I get more positive comments than not though, although today some chav in a mk4 golf with a bazooka exhaust and air suspension was literally shaking his head at me in disgust. Awesome I love the fact it's so divisive

Had a cheeky KFC last night, the guy at the drive thru who served me said "you have a nice car" , always love the random compliments!

I could be tempted to pop along to the JapFestFinale thing on the Sunday if others are popping along too. would be my first Jap fest having only done Lotus Festivals at Brands in the past. be good to meet and swap a few gearbox stories and opinions :lol:

Had a cheeky KFC last night, the guy at the drive thru who served me said "you have a nice car" , always love the random compliments!

Nice isn't it :D

I reckon I'm still averaging 3 out of 7 days a week someone screams/cheers/thumbs up/talks normally to me about the car. All really positive.

You have a Drive Thru KFC? my word id be in a world of trouble if there was one around me... Well Jel.

They need to make the drive thru paths wider though, bit of a squeeze in the drive thru, just like parking anywhere indoors, the entrance is so small!

yeah, same for the Eurotunnel and the FK8 - always book a space on the extra height carriages with the van drivers. if you get pushed upstairs on the normal two-tier carriages, you end up playing russian roulette with your wheels as the ramp narrows at the top. at £543 a corner it's a game I'm not willing to play (again) :)

They need to make the drive thru paths wider though, bit of a squeeze in the drive thru, just like parking anywhere indoors, the enterance is so small!

I don't go into multi storeys full stop, much to the dismay of 'er indoors.... we take her mini. Which now has door pings.

yeah, same for the Eurotunnel and the FK8 - always book a space on the extra height carriages with the van drivers. if you get pushed upstairs on the normal two-tier carriages, you end up playing russian roulette with your wheels as the ramp narrows at the top. at £543 a corner it's a game I'm not willing to play (again) :)

I did warn you ...

At least you have two new wheels and tyres as a back up

Yeah it was a 'hollow' loss if that makes sense ....:D

I love 'compromised' cars but I have never got the golf.....can you imagine out with non petrol heads.

-can I jump in the back of yours?
-er....no actually I have no back seats?
- oh, you got loads of stuff on them?
- no, it didn't come with any
- why?
- cos it's a erm, track car
- oh....why didn't you just buy a proper two seater

I know the meagre is the same but more of a coupe from the off

Back