• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got my insurance renewal....

With the separation of RBS Insurance from RBS Banking in the pipeline, we have been told if we provide a written quote they will match it then drop 50% on car insurance.

art+thou+angered+my+brethren.jpg

Elephant/Admiral couldn't come close to Sky's price, goes to show how much it all varies. :)

Mine's due in 10 days, nice of Sky to have sent me my renewal 20 days ago. Oh no wait, they didn't...

Anyway, Admiral are looking the best bet for me. It's either them or save £100 and go with 1st Central, but the Admiral excess is only £100 and I've never heard of 1st Central..

I didn't have any good experience with 1st Central. They have very poor reviews and I failed to check them out. Learn't the hard way. Poor customer service.

So got my renewal from Admiral yesterday and after another year of clean motoring they decided to put me premium UP £400!!! I know insurance clams etc are or the rise but really £400, for what??

So after visiting Mr Meekat plus many other sites I got some good results, and out of interest I thought I would get a quote with admiral direct online as a new customer and suprise suprise my quote was £380 cheaper, so rang them up to inform them of this to which they priced matched my quote, plus offered a little extra discount.

Things like that really annoy me with insurance companies. It shouldn't be allowed.

I thought I would get a quote with admiral direct online as a new customer and suprise suprise my quote was £380 cheaper, so rang them up to inform them of this to which they priced matched my quote, plus offered a little extra discount.

Id have told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. It really irritates me that insurance companies decide to send a renewal out, which is a complete ripoff and when you phone around then offer to price match. If you could do it for that price then why send a ridiculous renewal quote out.

/rant

Id have told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. It really irritates me that insurance companies decide to send a renewal out, which is a complete ripoff and when you phone around then offer to price match. If you could do it for that price then why send a ridiculous renewal quote out.

/rant

Simple market economics.

For every you there are 9 people who accept the price sent out.

I know this. ;)

I just cancelled my house insurance as they almost doubled the price at the renewal.
Will shop around on Monday for a new quote.

Insurance needs be be controlled in a fair manner! Its Law we need it so there should be a fair price For each car! And be monitored by a Government body! Last year I had a 350Bhp V5 WRK STI full of Mods £750 Fully Comp! Now in a CTR best deal I could get £1100 and that's when I could find a company that would insure me in my L39 post code that was low risk but now classed as high risk! same as Liverpool 1 when I live in Lancashire :eek: Whats that all about? This Rip off needs too stop or we will be paying 4k to insure a car in a few years at the rate its going! = More on the road with no Insurance! :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to get something new soon, and was going to join the other half and get an s6 estate as well, bearing in mind I'm 25, and ***'nt insured much in my own name, it's 1100 for the year! Same price to insure a 1.6 beetle, so I think I'll stay with the s6 idea lol! Insurance is really high, it's quite ridiculous, but there's the odd thing that can still be insured decently!

Manda I have been looking at the S6 and S8 Sweet cars! :cool: I was thinking of running one on LPG Will have to get a quote on one! But will prob's end up back in a Scoob! :lol:

You'd get a good LPG conversion here for £1500, he'd considered doing his, but never bothered, I'd leave mine as is too. Don't do big miles anyway to make up for it!
Wonder if he'll sell me his, as it's nicer than most I've seen! Lol

Just renewed for the first time with the vRS, £670 which is still dearer than I'd like but better than the £800 I paid for the FN2 last year.....

Back