• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Green or Red Stuff pads?

Hi, im a newcomer to this site. Im stuck on a decision between green and red stuf pads for my 05 ctr!

Can sombody help me out?

Cheers

Do you stick your car on track? If not, leave the OEM pads on. Cheaper and up to the job.

Ive got redsfuff all round, this is my 2nd set. They ARE a good pad, with a massive improvement over standard. Granted the Ferodo DS2500 are a bit better but Redstuff are more than capable.
As theyare a ceramic pad they take a while when you 1st drive the car to get some heat in them, so they wont work 'as good' for the 1st part of any journey (depending how much braking is being done) but once you get on some back roads they are brilliant.
DO NOT buy the Greenstuff, they have a no more than 200bhp rating, and as the standard CTR is just shy on 200bhp it means they are always on there highest limit and a few sets have 'burnt out'.

Thanks guys, usefull info.

Think im going to have a look at the Ferodo pads.
At least i now i know what ones to go for out of the green and red!!!

Cheers

red ones are okay, not bought them for a while so dont know how they compare to others, but on the roads had no issues with them, could not handle the punishment of the track

I've been using some cheap mintex ones which actually turned out really good. I would say they are better than the OEM ones which was really surprising as they were a lot cheaper but will see how long they last. They bite really well and much less brake dust. No idea how they would perform on the track though.

Back