• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Grinding noise when braking

I previously put a post up about my brakes squeeking when tapping the brakes and i have resolved that but i am having another problem.

When I drop the anchors i sometimes hear a grind/rumble noise and i was just wondering what that may be.

I hade the same problem with my fiesta ZS and it was the brake pads breaking away.

Thanks in advance

mr_sport

It might just be a bit of surface rust on the discs. Has it been stood for a while? had the problem when I bought mine, then it just went away after a few days

No that car oly sits over night. i does not seam to have an effect on my braking but just want to make sure that its not going to lead to other problems.

could be the wear indicators on your pads, pop the wheel off and see how meat youv'e got left on your pads.

There are loads of meet on them. I just got one of my friends to fit a new set from honda and not euro car parts and so far so good

My brakes grind somthing bad in the morning for the first 5mins then it goes, there is about 3-4 mm left on the pads, it sounds bad when braking in reverse to, it all started when it snowed, should i just get new pads all round?.

Back