• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gruppe M fitted

looks great bud, I fitted mine a week ago. Also got mine from xposed and also got stopped at customs!!!! Great service though

Leo - The fitting part is easy buddy.
I even did my own & I'm a spanner spastic :lol:
I uploaded the fitting instructions on the site some time ago too if you want to be nosey before buying.

my only issue with mine at the moment is getting the scuttle panel to fit flat to the windscreen. Looks like the slips you slide it into i haven't found yet when attempting to slide it into place

Shaenei - Try using some thin foam sticky back strips mate.
I'm sure you can get something from B&Q or the like, should do the job.

Thrust me space monkey I'm an accident waiting to happen, I'd rather see my money go to a forum member than a garage lol

Sorry I meant trust me.. I don't fancy being thrusted by a space monkey.. Normal monkey would be ok though :confused:

anyone find that the GruppeM hits the bonnet from time to time? Just trying to figure out if its fitted wrong

anyone find that the GruppeM hits the bonnet from time to time? Just trying to figure out if its fitted wrong

When opening and shutting?

I swear there's something on here to sort that out, I would post the link but I cant remember where it is :lol: hopefully someone will come to the rescue

you can rectify this by either buying a later model Gruppe M scoop or shaving the one you have.

no its the actual body of the GruppeM not the scoop. When the engine starts it knocks once and then when i traffic in 1st gear just ticking over it knocks too. So basically when you'd expect the engine to move it knocks against the bonnet

I think i'll have to get someone to start the engine whilst i'm watching the engine bay to see whats causing the movement

When opening and shutting?

Mine never ever fouled the bonnet :confused:

no its the actual body of the GruppeM not the scoop. When the engine starts it knocks once and then when i traffic in 1st gear just ticking over it knocks too. So basically when you'd expect the engine to move it knocks against the bonnet

I think i'll have to get someone to start the engine whilst i'm watching the engine bay to see whats causing the movement

I had the Spoon upper strut brace & used the "Evs" mod on mine & it didn't budge. Treat yourself to the Spoon brace & some pipe laging :smt047

It will be the back of the Gruppe M knocking on the scuttle, get some foam behind there :D

Is his gruppe M the newer version or something, because his is different shape to mine...? the where it intakes the air is at a different angle??

Just curious thats all!

Back