• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

see told you it wasn't gonna be that hard :)

In the end it was not too bad. It is just the electrical side of things that puts me off a bit, and with Nick there who is handy at that sort of thing i was not overly worried, trial and error really. As I said before the only issue was the earthing of the horn, we fit everything together kinda loose and then connected the battery, yet when we tightened everything up it stopped working. Nick discovered that the little metal spring thing on the side of the horn button also needed to make solid contact to the earthing ring that you connect the black earth wire to.

I would be happy to do it again though, another thing learnt :)

A few teaser shots of some bits on the way even as we speak...

takata_top.jpg

and

racecams.jpg

Lol m8, just press the quote button and see the link, bit obvious really hehe. Still... cannot wait. Then it is just a few more little bits and bods, some small details, and to find another paint shop doh!

Then we are done (ish:D)

My investigative skills are shot to bits this weekend due to heavy partying. I should have thought about the quote thing before sitting here for ten minutes and thinking Jun, Toda or Skunk2. I tried to think like you for a moment G. :D

I take it that the original paint shop has fallen through.. anybody else that is local but of a high quality?

Lol m8, just press the quote button and see the link, bit obvious really hehe. Still... cannot wait. Then it is just a few more little bits and bods, some small details, and to find another paint shop doh!

Then we are done (ish:D)

do you want me to go and see some ppl about paint shops ?

there was one bloke who i know that wouldn't paint my door black because the rest of the car was metalic. said he'd only do it the same as the rest of the car or not at all.

send me a pm if you like and i'll have a chat to my ppl :lol:

Will they do it for free? :D :D I may just take a leaf out of a work m8's book, and use a roller and paint it matt black :D

Will they do it for free? :D :D I may just take a leaf out of a work m8's book, and use a roller and paint it matt black :D

well if your going down that route i have some experiance in that dept ;)

ive got some nato green paint in the shed that i happened to stumble across at my dads work if you fancy a change :lol:

oh and ive found a replacment car i think, i'll send you a pm with the link and if you get time you can have a look.

Pray to the gods of JDM yo!

Well I got a parcel delivered at work on Friday:

yqu6je.jpg

can you tell what it is yet :)

yqu6j4.jpg

mmmmmm

yqu6jg.jpg

yeah baby, two sets of 4 point harnesses and pads courtesy of those lovely folks at Takata Europe. I think these will go rather nicely with the BC seats. Have to say the quality is superb, proper FIA approved and the QR is light as a feather.

Back