• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

Hey I'll have you know that the Sunday morning trip to tesco's is dog eat dog stuff, and a guy has gotta have protection.

I did get the call dude, but things have been a tad mad at home, I will call you v soon and fill ya'll in. :D

If I had known that I would have given you a shout dude...

Good stuff :cool:

How much of the interior has gone back in??

Is the cage permanent, or would it be removeable come selling time?

The cage is bolted in, but they have welded strong points in the front footwell next to the sill. And at the bottom near the B piller. I rekon these could be cut out if you needed them to. As far as trim goes you could cut small holes in the side panels in the area where the rear arches are, and fit that trim back in. Those two pannels are pretty big and are all once piece extending from the boot all the way to the B pillar. The same goes for the plastic trim that sits over the side sills. However I have opted to just keep them out of the car, and uncut.

They say the cage weighs in at around 40 kg or so. it is pretty hefty. With trim and rear seats out it will compensate to an extent, but I certainly have not noticed the difference in performance. It does also stiffen the chassis up noticeably, so that is a good thing.

Oh and the sun visors are removed, though I guess you could have them in, but in the down position. I will just fix a sunstrip, probably along the lines of: 'On a mission' or something...

I will add that these guys will pretty much be able to build the cage to your needs, from a simple 4 point to the full works, gusseted(sp) the lot.

Hmm I dropped it off last Tuesday, and Picked it up yesterday. Cost, well to an extent that depends on what you want done, also remember that now they have done one (mine) they have the basic spec on record so they told me it would be cheaper to do subsequent jobs. Give them a call and ask for Paul or Madeleine. They really are pretty easy going and very helpful and I am sure will answer any questions you may have.

:cool: very Nice G

Looks a quality bit of workmanship!!

It is, gwan, ya know you want too..... oh and I will clean her and get decent pics up over the weekend, may even nick the camera from work, if I can figure out how to work it :D.

Just waiting for the new TB to arrive, some wheels, and the bits from the states. Also there may be a custom brake kit on the cards from a well known manufacturer, if I play my cards right.

The mind of G is a dark and thoughtful thing... :twisted: 8)

Looks very good - although I am not expert in cages. I am very interested in how the car feels when driven. :D

So you will be coming out to play on one of our trackdays now you are all protected then G :)

A rollcage is worth half a second a lap ;)

So you will be coming out to play on one of our trackdays now you are all protected then G :)

A rollcage is worth half a second a lap ;)

I need to call you soon... :D You at TGM or can you pm me a no??? IF that is cool...

Cheers hon, going into a meeting for the arvo (to do with our sponsorship of the BTCC Civics :)). Will call later.

Nice one G, Will give you a ring soon to catch up and we really must finally meet :lol:

How much does a cage like that cost? Given me ideas :(

Back