• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

That is simply a K series par excellence, I can't say any more. It encapulates everything about the Type R in one engine bay.

The only thing I would change is a simple aesthetic one. The metal plate above the bodies (the one that says TEO), I'd either have that polished or colour matched to the rocker cover.

That's not me nit picking, more an observation.

Power. Well 306 bhp at 220 flbs, Well the tune was pretty high strung in the sense we built it to rev. However I think it's slightly over cam'd for that particular build. So over what it was before we say a handful of extra bhp, however we got an extra 20flbs across the midrange. The car compared to before feels like it's had some weird limiter taken off. It just drives so much better and urgently. We are going to swap the cams for their own drop in versions. As this will bring the peak power in lower down. I should see I few extra horses there too. Sauce for the goose though.

Ed. The fuel rail is now painted black so it ties in a bit better. We are running that as TDI wanted to see how it worked with as many regular oem parts as possible if you went for the itb's then you could run the stock rail, or go for an optional anodized after market one. I cannot stress how much good value these itb's are. They make as much or a tad more power as a top of the range air box/intake, after market TB and RBC or Skunk2 intake... But with extra grunt and better response. Looks and sounds. All in one hit. All for 2k, supplied fitted and mapped. TDI are running them up next week on a regular K 20 series too.

image_zpsa128a6a3.jpg
0CB170FF-0601-4403-8F58-6BFE0A37FC1C_zpsrfivtkhq.jpg

I had a good snoop around this at JAE, fricking excellent machine! The ITBs look and sound amazing. I am insanely jealous.

I remember seeing this in a magazine AGES ago, definately one of the cars that inspired my own EP3 ownership and modifications. Keep up the good work!

Thanks fella... It never seems to end and the whole thing just seems to have gotten a tad out of hand. Still not far to go now. Needs a few bits. That LSD and exhaust. I'm gonna take her up to TDI in November for a couple of days. So they can do that. Plus their cams. May tidy up the inside a bit. Remove the rear speakers as they don't do anything anyway. I know it's not a show car but I'd like her to be a bit neater. Hahah

G, I personally think it is a show car. It's a display in how far you can take one if the best hot hatches of it's age. Your car has pushed boundaries for as long as I've been on TRO. Keep doing what your doing man.

Around 194,000. Or thereabouts. When you think the car was an impulse buy too.... Eek. Carl. I'm back in Essex full time btw. Feel free to pop in for tiffin.... Oh the new motor has done around 18k I think. My original motor is now boosted running 400bhp or so. Still stock internals hah.

It's literally 10 minutes up the road. My gf's sister lives there. When are you coming. How long for? And we know a good pub for grub.... Message me on FB dude...

Get the pulled pork burger if you don't already have a favourite! So Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We really should all meet up... I did see a nice black EP on the way to Rotchford yesterday. He either pointed or waved.... I was too busy looking at the car to respond. Oops. Also a lowered Milano on black rims driven by a blond girl heading for the airport retail park in Southend.

Slightly off topic but,

How does Fastcar cope against the more specific magazines?

Back