• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gutted!! - Had a bump

Last night in the snow. coming down a hill to a roundabout, stopped, handbrake on, the person in front edged away, so off thehandbrake came (no revs), and he stopped, so i stopped slowly, handbrake / brakes wern't good enough for the ice, and I slid into him (about 2/3mph)

It hit the front corner of the car.

The headlight has slightly moved, as has the bonnet, and the wig has pushed over a bit, which gets in the way of the door.

No cracks or bends, I imagine it's all the brackets have been moved slightly??

So gutted, only had it a month!!

What do I do? Where can I take it? Insurance?

Any advice appreciated..

Joe :( :(

Nasty mate, bad luck that. I always do everything twice as slow in the snow ice at least as a rule.

Depending on damage if you get away with not going through insurance I would.

Get to a body shop and ask them to check out the damage, although you may find a big queue.

If it's a case of just reshaping the panel fixings a little you may get away with paying for it yourself, if its new panel due to creases it may be a insurance call. Depending on how much money you have yourself that is.

Thanks for the reply. I was uber slow, in that I was stopped! :(

Any body shop? Or Honda? - could they help?

cheers

Any one really mate, so that you can get a professional opinion on what is wrong.

Then when you know what needs fixing you can start getting quotes.

:)

Cheers, would it be worth going to Honda? not too fussed if they bum me, I just want it perfect again :)

Don't see why not, at least you get the full Honda treatment when you go there.

I always look forward to going to Honda for stuff, play the games in the waiting room and win stuff!!!

Cheers, presumably, they'll charge to you look at the car?

Don't know mate, give them a call, although sometimes if you just turn up, someone may just have a quick look for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear mate. :(

You've not stated whether it damaged the other car or not...

Sorry to hear mate. :(

You've not stated whether it damaged the other car or not...

He drove off!!? - It was a very old Galaxy, I was suprised how much damage it did to mine tbh - from such a small bump, I'm not sure it would have been any more than a scuffed bumer tbh.

Sounds cheap enough to pay a bodyshop to do the repairs, instead of insurance. Although...
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

:(

Hopefully no biggie, once the bumper is off the bent metal parts should be visible.

And respray the front bumper. IIRC you can buy the bumper (excluding lower splitter) painted from Honda for around £170.

No but if a respray and a replacement are about the same cost, you're aswell going for a new painted bumper IMO.

The headlight may have to be removed too, but half of that job is removing the bumper so that's no big deal. If you're off this weekend, you should remove the bumper yourself, could be a case of pulling metal back into place.

No but if a respray and a replacement are about the same cost, you're aswell going for a new painted bumper IMO.

The headlight may have to be removed too, but half of that job is removing the bumper so that's no big deal. If you're off this weekend, you should remove the bumper yourself, could be a case of pulling metal back into place.

Cheers, any bumper removal guides about?

Back