• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Harv's Evo FQ330

any pics of how the lowered evo looks Harv?

IMG_9503.jpg

Carn't imagine the snow is too much trouble for you Harv, been out in it at all?

Carn't imagine the snow is too much trouble for you Harv, been out in it at all?

I done a few drifts and donuts in a carpark yesterday, was immense.

Problem is though if you lose traction with the road AWD isn't going to help that much. YOu should see the amount of written off evos on the MLR thinking they are untoucable on snow.

I can say i've driven in evo in snow mode on snow, made it oversteer like a PIG was :cool:

Oh and i just had a new set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics fitted. Best tyre i've ever had. awesome so far.

beard. The best tyre I've had previously is a yoko advan something (post about it somewhere on here) they were excellent but these goodyears are something else. Only had them fitted since saturday so not fully scrubbed in yet so i'm sure they will get better. I got the 97Y varient with the stiffer side walls too.

I got them through ctyres (google dat) and the price cam to £476 fully fitted which is 119 per corner.

i'll take you out in the evo at santa pod beard to show you how good they are.

Spent the day at powerstation on Saturday, to get the ASTs fitted.

Took the A40 all the way there and at 8am in the morning the road was clear, had a great drive! Stopped off at Redbeards house for tea and crumpets, nice to see you and your other half beardo! R32 is sweet :cool:

Anyway got to Powerstation where Curtis got to work straight away, we discussed the ride height springs rates etc and what we settled with seems very good. (ride height 15mm higher than tein springs)

Anyway 4 hours later car was all ready and time for the drive home, got half way home when I finally realized that my steering wheel was now on the p1ss, I think Curtis forgot to centre the steering before adjusting the tie rod ends. Gonna give hima bell today, i'm sure it will be sorted.

Ride on the AST's are superb, just floats over the bump. Havn't had a chance to properly push it in the bends as yet but once the geometry is done again I shall be giving it a proper test :cool:

I also got Curtis to fit a decat pipe, this surprisingly made a huge difference, loads more torque and a great noise! Unfortunatly in the fear of the car running lean Ihad to remove the standard piggyback ECU, which lost me approx 25-30BHP, no biggy as it had to come off anyway for Mase to map the car :)

I also got a cracked windscreen while on my drive to Powerstation, getting ANOTHER new one fitted this Thursday, pics this weekend if anyone is interested (of the car, not the windscreen lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beard those crumpets were not a laughing matter, toasted to perfection with a nice lump of butter. I approve.

I do not approve of your showing off in the R32 though, doing donuts is childish. approval withdrawn.

got half way home when I finally realized that my steering wheel was now on the p1ss, I think Curtis forgot to centre the steering before adjusting the tie rod ends.

Had this happen twice on the FD2 also. :rolleyes:

Ride on the AST's are superb, just floats over the bump. Havn't had a chance to properly push it in the bends as yet but once the geometry is done again I shall be giving it a proper test :cool:

Took Chris out for a blast yesterday in mine over the bumps, he seemed quite happy. I think you'll be very pleased :twisted:

I also got a cracked windscreen while on my drive to Powerstation, getting ANOTHER new one fitted this Thursday, pics this weekend if anyone is interested (of the car, not the windscreen lol)

Funnily enough the screen on my DC5 got totalled by a small object on the way back from Litchfields doing the deal on the FD2. Must be something in the water, lol.

Back