• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

2jlQigL.jpeg

U3WldPw.jpeg

That’s 16mm of spacer. Awkward size, Not sure if I’ll get away with 15. It’s a lot more than I was hoping for. There’s a slight chance I’ll gain a mm or so back, as I’m not sure if I’ve got the spacer on right. I don’t think I’ll know for sure until the pistons see some pressure.

G7q0BAA.jpeg

Clearly it's new wheels time. :D

I’d love a set of white Desmond regamasters but they’re so damn pricey.

Hopefully get these 15mm spacers in the post tomorrow, should actually make the wheels almost flush with the arch so might look quite nice. I’ll probably slap the 5mm spacers on the rear to help square it up a little.

I think… maybe if I sell all my random parts, maybe I can almost afford some regamasters.

2x OEM backboxes (one mint, one good)
B18c cylinder head pressure tested and skimmed
Poor condition oem dc2 front floor mats
Dc sports rear section B-pipe
Freshly painted b series rocker cover
Freshly painted k series rocker cover
Good condition windscreen side seals
Oem callipers in good condition, no carriers
B16a2 intake manifold and TB
K20a2 cams from my 05 (91k miles I think)
B series half shaft in mint condition
Oem 240cc injectors

And I suppose the OEM 96 spec 15” wheels recently refurbished and covered about 2k miles road use

Last edited:
These cars are so old now, and spare parts are sparse, you'd be surprised what people would be willing to pay for some of that.

Complications: Obviously.

The 15mm Nissan 200sx spacers I ordered had a 12x1.25 thread rather than a 12x1.5.

Swapped the studs over to the correct size (I won’t bore you with the complications of finding the right studs, suffice to say it was an ache).

Unfortunately the centre bore, whilst the correct size, is a different taper than the wheels and does not fit. Fuck.

So, I’ve ordered some more apparently “specific” spacers from America for much more than they’re worth after a Lithuanian distributor refused to ship to the UK.

If that doesn’t work I have some extra long wheel studs (probably the same length ones I cut off and replaced last year lol) I can use, press out the studs and remove the hub-centric protrusion in a lathe.

Fucking cars eh

Last edited:
Panic purchase today.

Been keeping an eye on spoon fixed dampers and springs, hoping the dampers would drop below £550… lowest they went was 554. Then yesterday out of nowhere they’re up to £705.

I checked a competitor’s website to find them at 528… so I thought, “fuck it” and pressed the button.

Just hoping I don’t get an email back saying, “sorry, we fucked up our pricing” now.

Edit: these will be replacing the tired Meister R coilovers. And that’s all the things I wanted for the car except for the regamasters.

Last edited:
uDXy7qL.jpg

They’re on… picked up some brake fluid from Halfords just before they closed. I’ll get them bled up tomorrow.

Happy to report they fit with just the 15mm spacers. No need for the extra 3mm.

Man, I'd love a set of those Spoon calipers.

I can only imaging how much it all cost you to get them on there mind you.

Update:

The brakes are good. Very good. Pedal feel is, different. It feels worse in a way, but it’s modulating much more accurately than before. I’ve vac bled them twice, I might give it a 3rd shot and see if it improves any further.

I fixed one noisy (the worn oem callipers) problem and another arose. Now I have a very annoying clatter coming from the passenger side rear. Spanner checked it, all good. It doesn’t sound like metal on metal, maybe metal Vs plastic or rubber. It only does it over small harsh bumps, any large undulation is taken quietly. This started on my test drive for the brakes…. Of course it did. Interior out again today then. I’m going to Liam neeson it.

Spoon dampers & springs due in November.

Not found the clatter yet… did find the front arb resting on the driveshaft though. Got that out of the way. I’ll get a pic at some point, don’t think it’s worth replacing the shaft. Minor grooviness.

Thought I’d be able to hear a big difference from that but nope. Perhaps a tiny bit less road noise.

I’d have got further but I went for a drive in the ‘02 a3 to drop the mrs off and the passenger side window mechanism broke resulting in a permanently open window. This happened 2 or 3 years ago with the driver’s side so I know the procedure. Got it up (oo errr missus) and locked for now whilst I rummage through a mountain of parts for the tiny plastic clips that need replacing.

Edit: I should post a pic of the DERV, I’ve had it nearly 7 years now. Rare as hen’s teeth factory body kit, pre s-line. I’ll butcher the name but projektzwo, they call it the Poland mobile in mk1 a3 (8L) land.

Last edited:
Update: it was plastic trim in the rear wheel arch. Found it whilst washing the car (I’ve started taking the wheels off to clean, and it just seems easy to do whilst I’m there, so I clean the arches and sills, whatever I can reach). I washed over the liner with a mitt and heard the familiar noise. Just a single loose 11mm headed (strange size) bolt.

There’s some slight pad clatter too, so I might do the OEM spring clip mod if I can find a pic of one. All dead links on the forums.

That looks lovely! You must be happy with that after the work (and money you've put in.

Is it the angle or do the headlights need a polish?

Back