• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

Bit of an update… £220 recovery a few weeks ago. Joys.

It spent about 2 weeks on the driveway whilst I tried to figure out why the fuel pump wasn’t priming. Replaced the pump with a 255 (turned out it had a grams 320 in). No dice.

I put a new main relay in, despite the old one sounding/feeing good. Still no good. I then purchased a power probe circuit chaser thing. Excellent bit of kit.

Long story short (no pun intended), the power wire to the pump was grounded to the chassis. I couldn’t find where so I just ran a new wire from the relay.

Whilst taking the car interior apart entirely I also found this:

AkT3KCh.jpg

What is that? And was it connected, or just flopping about causing potential havoc.

not connected at either end. The spade end was tucked up behind the ECU and the open end was behind the plastic trim in the boot…. I’m not sure it’d even reach the fuse box so I’ve no idea. Presumably battery relocation as mentioned, but the length has me scratching my head.

Rear speakers appeared to be aftermarket but nothing crazy big or anything. Don’t think it had any tweeters or front speakers at all.
The rear light issue when I purchased the car was to do with a badly hacked radio harness… so safe to assume it’s been fcuked about with.

Update: She’s currently SORN whilst we have salty roads, bought a fitted cover for it to keep it dry.

Plan to get the paint sorted late feb, nothing major… hopefully. Just a few minor dents and a couple bad scratches to fix.

I currently plan to sell in summer, maybe even export it to the US for maximum profit. It’s a £35k car over there… seems a no brainier. Mini is going too I think.

I quite fancy an e39 M5.

Always loved these.

Classy looking motors. Last of the manuals and first of the V8s. Only real concern is the rust on sills and jacking points, seen some horror stories on YouTube on UK cars that looked pretty damn clean.

On top of that it’s finding one that doesn’t have intergalactic mileage or pricetag. I loved my E39 but £25k-30k opens a lot of other doors.

On top of that it’s finding one that doesn’t have intergalactic mileage or pricetag. I loved my E39 but £25k-30k opens a lot of other doors.

Not too concerned about mileage on such a big engine tbh, as long as it’s been well looked after of course… but you’re right, there’s a lot of options at that kind of price.

Also being considered is another R33 GTR, cayman S or an F type with the manual v6.

I like the e39 though, out of all those cars I think it has the most potential to rise in value… and I think it’d be a wonderful car to do a euro road trip in.

out of all those cars I think it has the most potential to rise in value

The moment you start talking about investment and going up in value, you risk ending up with a car you can't use. The ones that will properly appreciate are the low mileage garage queens, for which sellers will be expecting buyers to pay through the nose. Then you don't drive it for fear of putting miles on it and spaffing all that money you've tied up in it.

At the other end, you're dodging the issues that even with proper Teutonic build quality it only has a finite life (unless there's a big bucks restoration in the offing, at which point you might as well have bought the garage queen). The parts supply only gets worse until such time as it hits the manufacturer's classic programme and then you get dry reamed instead/as well.

This is a hard truth I've come to realise in 2 decades of running old German metal - it's like treading a bloody tightrope. If you don't have alternatives (2nd car/can use public transport) then I'd probably go with the Jag or the Coxster.

I think it’d be a wonderful car to do a euro road trip in.
I can testify to that. 2007 beer run, Eurotunnel to Borgo val di Taro. 850 miles in a little over 11 hours.

0BIuvwBh.jpg

Last edited:
I do such little mileage now, and I have a daily (still the 2002 1.9pd a3) to beat on in the bad weather etc. I did 3k miles in the teg last year and around 50% of that was doing the NC500.

My statement on the value going up is more wishful thinking than anything. The main thing for me is it’s not depreciating and is highly unlikely to do so in the future. If it goes up enough to cover any maintenance then I’ll consider it a win.

Taxed it last week and started putting a few miles on it.

Just purchased some twinblocks. My oem callipers are beyond repair and I doubt any I find will be much better. The carrier slider holes are baggy. Some custom oversize pins might work but I’d rather not guess at it with brakes…

I ordered them through nengun exactly 50% cheaper than any of the UK sites are offering them. Which is slightly worrying… I will have import duty to pay but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it, it’ll still be many hundreds cheaper.

Now I have to find some discs from a prelude vtec and some 3mm spacers, I think I will have to run 2, one between the disc and the hub and one between disc and wheel.

Great news. Callipers should be here next week! Huge improvement over the experience with the B-pipe.

Gotta get my arse in gear now and get these spacers, discs, studs and pads ordered. Going to try the install myself with one of those vacuum bleeder kits. Looking forward to this one, haven’t done a bbk since my first mini… and the annoying slider pin click will finally be gone, joy!!

Got all the bits for the twin blocks except for the callipers themselves which have been in transit from Manchester since last Thursday… I’m a 40 minute drive from manc so not sure what they‘ve been doing the last 5 days or so. After much arguing with a robot, I eventually got in contact with an actual human who deduced that I have £195 of import duty to pay…. Great work fedex.

For reference, the phrase I used to get a human (you wouldn’t believe how long this took) was, “the FAQ instructed me to contact you”. Their phone system is designed to give you an aneurism, so this will save you some rage.

Edit: I say I have all the bits. I couldn’t find any definitive info online about what size spacer is needed for the ‘96 spec wheels to fit over these. I have 3 and 5 mm spacers. Even if they don’t fit with 2x3 or a 3 and a 5, I should be able to at least mock something up with a stack and figure out exactly what I need. That’s the plan for the weekend anyway… I’ll take a pic with them temp mounted :)

Last edited:
Couriers make my head hurt. Ordered a new Arai last week, which was shipped from Portsmouth to Newbury...via Birmingham.

In doing so it drove literally past my door, ending up further away from me than when it started. o_O

Back