• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

Drove it to work thismorning. Loving it. Gearing is so much better, 5th is nice and quiet at 70 aside from the FD whine. Previously it was sat just below vtec.

Did a traffic light GP. Waaaaay overcooked it and just made smoke :lol: More practice with the new clutch and better tyres required.

Confused the feck out of a young lad in an old volvo 240 who had done some turbo/dump valve work. Choochooing all over the place. Anyway, left it for dead (impressive, I know). He came flying past me shortly after whilst giving me the thumbs up. Nobody hates on this car no matter how you drive it :lol:

'box hasn't blown up yet so happy days :D

I'd call that a win even with a botched launch, can't wait to see it without those arches though!

You and I both! I've been severely tempted to take the fronts off but with around 3" wheel protrusion I can see plod taking issue with it the first chance they get.

Love the way the front end lifts up on these, especially when there's a b16 in there:twisted:

Drove one around Castle Combe under instruction, those lovely words were uttered to me "now overtake the Lamborghini" :p

Cheers all :)

It goes into the body shop on Saturday. It'll be there for 5 weeks whilst I'm working abroad... No doubt just in time for winter weather & 6 months of hibernation :lol:

Drove it to work today, archless like a rebel (the new ones are on the back seat though, officer). Looks absolutely mental. I'll post pics later. Gearbox isn't perfect. It's kind of notchy in 1st and 2nd when cold now. That custom work isn't factory perfect unfortunately. Smooths out a lot after it's warmed up though, thankfully. 1st is really annoying though, it kind of half engages and feels like it's in gear when it isn't and subsequently jumps out when you put the power down. So you have to kind of wiggle it a bit after it's in and then it'll slot in another couple of mm. Weirdly, it only ever does this when stationary.

Oh!!! and... neutral. WTF. My neutral isn't quite neutral. IT MOVES! I'm used to seeing that with a jacked up car, but you can stop that with your hands, very little pressure required. This actually moves my car. You can feel the clutch engage and the car starts moving. That's surely not right?! A click on the handbrake stops it, so not the end of the world.

Cheers all :)

It goes into the body shop on Saturday. It'll be there for 5 weeks whilst I'm working abroad... No doubt just in time for winter weather & 6 months of hibernation

Drove it to work today, archless like a rebel (the new ones are on the back seat though, officer). Looks absolutely mental. I'll post pics later. Gearbox isn't perfect. It's kind of notchy in 1st and 2nd when cold now. That custom work isn't factory perfect unfortunately. Smooths out a lot after it's warmed up though, thankfully. 1st is really annoying though, it kind of half engages and feels like it's in gear when it isn't and subsequently jumps out when you put the power down. So you have to kind of wiggle it a bit after it's in and then it'll slot in another couple of mm. Weirdly, it only ever does this when stationary.

Oh!!! and... neutral. WTF. My neutral isn't quite neutral. IT MOVES! I'm used to seeing that with a jacked up car, but you can stop that with your hands, very little pressure required. This actually moves my car. You can feel the clutch engage and the car starts moving. That's surely not right?! A click on the handbrake stops it, so not the end of the world.
This whole car just sounds like its mental bat sh1t crazy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I want to see archless pics! :D

Neutral wants to be a moving gear now? Maybe it's heard about the Volvo of doom!

I can’t post pics because apparently I’ve reached the ‘rate limit’ on imgur whatever TF that means. I rarely upload pics so I don’t know how that’s happened.

Possibly drag on the connections between input and output shafts, but to be able to move the car is pretty serious. If that doesn't go away soon (i.e. bedding in) then the box needs opening up again as something's out of adjustment.

That might also explain the dodgy shifting in 1st/2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back