• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

Nothing much useful on GTROC. Full of checkbook wavers and the people who do know these things sit in ivory towers laughing at noobs like me and being generally unhelpful. Kind of like "the clique".

Skylineaustralia seems the best forum I've found so far, lots of people willing to try and help and plenty of good "how-to's". Not found one for the apexi though, so I might just make one myself...

Just been searching t'interweb on this actually and I've notice I'm missing the brackets!! Just been onto Funkypower and they can't get a replacement for 6 weeks :\ FFS. Returning it and buying from elsewhere. Top left of picture, all 4 brackets missing:
ap-507-n001_small.jpg

Blimey, nightmare mate. I really hope this all isn't an omen that you should have bought a micra

Nothing much useful on GTROC. Full of checkbook wavers and the people who do know these things sit in ivory towers laughing at noobs like me and being generally unhelpful. Kind of like "the clique".

Skylineaustralia seems the best forum I've found so far, lots of people willing to try and help and plenty of good "how-to's". Not found one for the apexi though, so I might just make one myself...

Just been searching t'interweb on this actually and I've notice I'm missing the brackets!! Just been onto Funkypower and they can't get a replacement for 6 weeks :\ FFS. Returning it and buying from elsewhere. Top left of picture, all 4 brackets missing:
ap-507-n001_small.jpg

I had the same experience with GTROC. Not a great community, loads of history on the forum though.

I'm hoping to keep the stock AFMs, might go to Z32s if I have to but plan is to stay stock on injectors and AFMs.

Plan is:

Apexi intakes (now re-ordered with a saving of £65 - WIN)
Equal length downpipes
Baffled stock twin turbo pipe (already on order)
Rebuild stock or R34 turbos with ball bearings and steel wheels. Possibly uprate the wastegates to HKS.
Big intercooler
Apexi power FC ECU
Take it to RB Motorsport for a tune, turn the boost up to a nice safe 1bar (up from the stock 0.8bar). The Steel wheels can take up to 1.4bar so 1bar is belt and braces safe.

Should be good for over 400bhp at the wheels.

Full of checkbook wavers and the people who do know these things sit in ivory towers laughing at noobs like me and being generally unhelpful. Kind of like "the clique".

:lol:

Every forum's got one !!

I'm hoping to keep the stock AFMs, might go to Z32s if I have to but plan is to stay stock on injectors and AFMs.

Plan is:

Apexi intakes (now re-ordered with a saving of £65 - WIN)
Equal length downpipes
Baffled stock twin turbo pipe (already on order)
Rebuild stock or R34 turbos with ball bearings and steel wheels. Possibly uprate the wastegates to HKS.
Big intercooler
Apexi power FC ECU
Take it to RB Motorsport for a tune, turn the boost up to a nice safe 1bar (up from the stock 0.8bar). The Steel wheels can take up to 1.4bar so 1bar is belt and braces safe.

Should be good for over 400bhp at the wheels.

That'll be a rapid road car

Sounds like you're having a bit of a 'mare with this so far! Hopefully it's all good soon enough though. Looking forward to reading your impressions of it when you've finally got it and had a good couple of drives in it. Always loved these!

Scoobynet is is like that too IMO. Full of full of themselves pretentious pricks for the most part who look down on anyone who doesn't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Scoobs and didn't buy one when they were over £16k because everyone who's bought one since is a chav. Not the best place to get help and try to learn a bit about your car.

Well she's home :D

Bad news is I've already cracked my trust splitter trying to get it on the drive... So it'll be living on the road for a few weeks whilst I Tarmac it :/

That's the only really bad news though... Drive home was awesome! Never missed a beat, surprisingly comfortable and nimble! Doesn't feel like a huge 1.6 tonne boat that it is. Really responsive from low down too which I really wasn't expecting, bonus of the twins I guess! It's not mega fast in standard form, it'll pass most things (but not petrol stations). I used about 1/3rd more petrol than when I did the same trip in the ep3, taking it easy mostly but with a few squirts here and there :)

The only real negative I've got to say was the brakes. Shocking. They feel very spongy and not at all sharp. Going to swap out the pads for some ds2500s and fit some braided lines... If they're still **** then rebuild the calipers with new seals.

Sooooo many people wanted a race on the m6 :lol: and also had 2 lads filming it pull away at the services on thier mobiles! Celeb car lol

Nice one! Bummer about the drive. I only thought about that with mine on the way home because it sits so low but thankfully it goes on!

Will this be making an outing to the steak meet?

Didn't fancy leaving it on the road so I spent a while cutting up the driveway and removed the cracked splitter... Just about managed to get it on... Doesn't look like I've done much, probably should have done a before and after :/

2D09B07D-E95E-4C70-98B8-5E09F5CEE97B-2178-000003AFBBF5AEAD_zps1910aeb0.jpg

On and cleaned:

0ADF51C9-E437-47CC-A86C-4341E8DBAA57-2178-000003AE136A6F45_zpsb0ccb3ec.jpg

And splitterless :(

E3F7757D-7038-42E4-AECC-A12EFD7A762A-2178-000003AE68E72D2F_zpsbfe6a2d9.jpg

I'll take a pic of the damage when I go to get it fixed

Oh... And the boot leaks quite badly :/ no rust so must have been garaged all it's life. Seems to be coming in through the lights, which is common. DIY fix. This car is going to be such a massive ball ache, I can just tell lol

Back