• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help finding a decent clutch kit

Load of rubbish, shop them to Honda.

The only other 2 litres are in the Accord and CR-V, and that price was from selecting Civic on the website. No mention of not including Type Rs. Only mentions NSX and S2000.

Ironic really, the 2001-2006 Type S is a K20a3, it will be exactly the same job to change the clutch on that car as it would be the same era Type R.

As I said shop them then avoid them in the future. Cowboys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep avoid 100% if they are like this now imagine what they will be like if they actually get hold of your car.

+1 for TGM.

The fn2 clutch

Just wondered if anyone knew what clutch comes with the car i need a new one and i did order one from cox honda the other week but after ringing around local garages they all quoted me around the £200 to fit ex vat which is good but all said they wont warranty the clutch and have had some experiences of them coming back, the supply and fitment costs was all between the 500-600 mark all in so i declined and sent the clutch back to cox's. Anyway i contacted a clutch and gearbox specalist Big John in leicester and they emailed me this.

"A 3 part excedy clutch kit fitted would cost 417.00 incl.VAT with a 2year or
20,000 mile warranty.
Some of these vehicles were fitted with Stage 1 type clutches,which I cannot
tell until it is removed..The cost of these is substantially more."

Im really happy with the price and warranty but im wondering if peeps know which one it is as the word SUSTANTIALLY got me twitching a bit

Yeah i am but if you read he's saying they came with a 3 part excedy clutch kit but some were fitted with the stage one kit, so my question is which one comes standard with the car

Cheers loxy is there anything you don't know about the type r

Stuff I've not changed or looked at changing. :lol:

Or simple things like the radio not needing a code when the battery is disconnected, but I know that now, so that doesn't count!

Stuff I've not changed or looked at changing. :lol:

Or simple things like the radio not needing a code when the battery is disconnected, but I know that now, so that doesn't count!

Best way to learn it :lol:

Back