• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP :) fitting aem cai

Hazz

B16
2nd hand so no instructions, airbox is out, passenger wheel off.... Now what? The thing fouls on just about everything!!! What's that little bracket thing for? The plastic rivets holding the lining on break upon removal, does eveybody leave it loose or what? Don't wanna put the oem back on and I need the car ready for work tomorrow. Also, what do you do with the plug taken out of the srs?

Looks like I'm getting a lift tomorrow it's just started bucketing down :/ seen the aem questions answered thing, which helps but not entirely... What about the plug from the srs and how do you remove the arch lining clips without damage?

The MAF just goes in the usual place, in the rubber bung thing on the AEM.

The metal bracket is to keep it solid, attaches near the horn I think. When you get the pipe on the throttle body it would be obvious.

take the filter off, feed the pipe downwards, you will see where you need to cut, pop the filter on and the 2 hoses, jobs a good un.... after you've attached the cone.

Taking front bumper off (5mins) is quite a help tbh.

keep at it, it is worth it!!

The MAF just goes in the usual place, in the rubber bung thing on the AEM.

The metal bracket is to keep it solid, attaches near the horn I think. When you get the pipe on the throttle body it would be obvious.

take the filter off, feed the pipe downwards, you will see where you need to cut, pop the filter on and the 2 hoses, jobs a good un.... after you've attached the cone.

Taking front bumper off (5mins) is quite a help tbh.

keep at it, it is worth it!!

Cheers, I'll be having another crack tonight if the weather clears up. Its the arch lining which is of most concern to me. Did you buy a bag of replacement arch liner clips or bolt and big washers to re-attach?

I had to cut a bit of my arch liner when fitting, however I think this is because I had the RSX version.

Also if you havn't already try and replce the filter wit the K&N filter (ABP will know what part it is) as this is an oiled filter, much better than the dry flow AEM crap.

Arch clips were fine for me, non broke!

Just take them out properly (pull the inner cirle out, then pull the whole thing out) and you will be fine.

:smt053: ahh... I was on the brute force and ignorance method and didnt even realise there was two parts to the clip :\ and I have the cheek to call myself an engineer lol

thanks for your help people... finally got the bugger on thismorning. EML is on now, I think this might be from last night when I had to move my car with the MAF/MAP sensor disconnected. Seems to be running fine, idle is steady, if a little lower than it was previously, vtec engages. If I remove the ECU fuse will this shut the light off?.... and if it comes back on I know I have a problem? (probably broken MAP sensor - it was a bugger to get out of the SRS).

I assume the fuse box has a map under the lid identifying the ECU fuse?? I'll be having a butchers at lunch time.

Incase anyone pulls this thread up on the search function... here's some tips for you;

Remove front most clips (6off) on arch liner, you can fold the smaller liner behind the hub quite easily, the larger liner following the whole arch requires cutting where it folds back towards the front of the car. Just run a stanley knife down and round, it's about a 200x60mm strip of liner that is removed.

I found it easier to feed the CAI tube in from the arch and up to the throttle body rather than down through the engine bay as the attachment bracket seemed to foul on everything. Attach the filter before you slot it into the throttle body sleeve as you will have more room to move.

Sounds meaty.

Cool! Engine bay looks a little sparce now I must say... I could fit a small baby/toddler, or stolen cat, or turbo in that space!

Removed fuse 6 (middle blue 15 amp), EML off for now. Idle seems back to normal - 800ish RPM. Was running around 600-700 thismorning with the EML on.

Cool update!

I agree re: space. I hated it, had to replace with oem in the end. ARC soon.

elbow grease + de-greaser + masking tape + halfords aerosol engine paint this weekend for me!

I did really want the tewiga/M/ARC but I just couldn't justify the cost and wanted the best gains/sounds possible so the CAI was the only choice really. I shouldn't really be spending any money on the civic as I have a classic mini rebuild on the go I should be funding instead!

Same.... the AEM is just so good for the money. And it definately gives gains. Just looks terrible.

I had to replace it as I had a new cover done, so wanted the bay looking better

Hey mate!

Did you get this fitted ok in the end??

You should have dropped me a messege i could have gave you come tips :)

I certainly did!! Took me a while I must admit...

I see you have the Tewiga M now... how's that compare? AEM sounds imense, its a crazy loud on vtec with the supersprint B-pipe now, still nice and quiet whilst cruising too so I'm well happy with it :)

Nice one!

Its a Gruppe M dude! No copy here haha!!

The aem sounds tonnes better IMO and the aem is louder!!!!

Back