• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help on induction kit

hey
im looking to get a induction kits for my 2002 honda civic type r.what kit would anyone recommend?i dont have a massive budget around £250

did u feel any difference in performance or was it just better sound?so what bout the closed intake systems?is there much difference

did you feel any difference in performance or was it just better sound?so what bout the closed intake systems?is there much difference

Can you please not use text speak when posting on this forum. It makes posts harder to ready and makes you look like a numpty. Also, spaces after full stops are genuinely considered good practice, not only here, but in all walks of life. :D

With the weather how it is lately you would be mad to get the AEM CAI, this basically sits in the front wing/bumper. Good for cold air, bad for water!

AEM V2 sits in teh bonnet and will suffer badly from heat soak.

I can't think of anything decent for that money, maybe an icebox?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a pipercross viper kit, iv heard a few people have used them and liked them. Might not be the best kit on the market, but for the money? Around £195 i think. I was thinking about getting one.

:D

Look out for a second hand ITG. Not really loud & no heat soak. Look good too. It's the perfect poor mans Gruppe M without the hassle.
itg2ca4.jpg

How about a pipercross viper kit, iv heard a few people have used them and liked them. Might not be the best kit on the market, but for the money? Around £195 i think. I was thinking about getting one.

Good for noise, pants for performance.

^___^

I used to have an Injen CAI. Sold it and regretted it very much. Ordered another & it never came after months of waiting so I got a refund & blew the money on other stuff. I'm still happy with ITG but CAI sitting in the bumper is my personal number 1 choice. You can get them Johny's to fit over the cone if you're worried about water going up.

i had a viper on my civic sport and found it ok only thing i found was the hose wasnt long enough. also i didnt really feel much in performance only a better noice. im looking for something thats good in performance

You can get them Johny's to fit over the cone if you're worried about water going up.

That's absolutely ridiculous, it will do more harm than good.

Thing is if your worried about water don't buy that one.

worth the risk?

I had no cover on my old Injen CAI, I wasn't worried about water either. After over 9 years of driving I have never gone through deep water, just the odd little poodle. All the hydro locked members were extremely unlucky IMO. Some people play it safe, others don't. :smt057

so u think there a waste of time then?just keep to a induction kit

<Mod edit> Do not use text speak. Future posts/threads will be deleted.

Back