• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hi im new and these are our 2 Type R's

Hi everyone,

im rob and from south wales.

Myself and my colleague just bought these two cars :)

2009-09-22135837.jpg

2009-09-22135847.jpg

2009-09-22135858.jpg

2009-09-22135904.jpg

we took delivery last week, iv clocked 500 miles in mine since then and im very suprised with the fuel economy, considering the performance.

Overall we picked these cars over many, we had a look at a few, including the impreza 330 s, vx220 turbo, the rx8 and audi tt RS which surprised me int erms of performance.

We just fou8nd the civics to be refined in so many ways, easy to get on with and a really nice place to be inside.

Adam is by no means any sort of enthusiast, although he has the GT version, the reason is when we ordered two, his was the last in the country that wasnt sold, so i would have to wait until january for mine, so i picked the regular type R, i am a little jealous of the climate control and the electric mirrors :D

Cars and all things with engines have been my passion for years now, and iv owned a few corkers!

this is my newest vice,

2009-07-24184730.jpg

I dont think I have ever seen a non-GT FN2 before!

I'd be gutted about the missing bits too!

Has the Milano also got sat-nav? The windscreen looks to have the GPS antenna in it...

the red one doesnt have sat nav or blue tooth, i didnt fancy paying for them extras that we dont really need!

iv never had air con and the like so i wont miss it :)

but yea, its a pain having to manually put my mirrors in :p

I do like the black, I must say :bias: (points to avatar)

Nice pair though :D

How was the TT RS? I mean what swayed you to plump for an 'R' over the competition you tested - because they aren't the usual 'Hot Hatches' that the 'R' has for company..

the tt rs, well what can i say, SUPERCAR perfromance but not the appeal. it was unbelievable in terms of acceleration and grip, or as much as you could push on a test drive. The dsg box ( i think thats what it is called) was awkward but im sure anyone could get used to it.

Kind of made you feel like you were only interested as its the poor mans R8.

Hard to explain, expensive considering what you are getting for your money, it doesnt have the supercar status, it doesnt have the wow factor but indeed it really was a fast motor.

the civic's were definately the better of all the cars we drove, in comfort style and performance. its not as quick as a few, but it did it for me :)

Quality work there.

Red one is spesh, also seems to ahve better paint protection on it? May just be the pics :D

Sell me a phone then :D

Do you plan to mod her?

Nice set of pics - I like the backdrop in some of those photos. Nothing like that in London, as far as I know - but then I settle for industrial site car parks :p

as far as mods go, not this time. i have a suzuki gsxr which i spend my money and time modifying, this is more mode of transport with a little kick.

i took the car for testing today at a local airfield, and i mean local to where i was at the time, it took a long time to reach "top speed".

This airfield is used for 200mph runs, one which TOTB use on a regular basis, at 8000rpm in 6th, the clock indicates 160mph, and i nearly ran out of runway...... the car felt very unstable at such speed, and not comfortable under braking. if it wasnt for the computer, im certain the car would have spun, and that was only scrubbing off 40 or so mph.

not recommended anywhere other than a safe environment, so this means not on public roads.

If you want to know where this airfield is, and how much it costs to use, pm me and ill let you know.

as far as mods go, not this time. i have a suzuki gsxr which i spend my money and time modifying, this is more mode of transport with a little kick.

i took the car for testing today at a local airfield, and i mean local to where i was at the time, it took a long time to reach "top speed".

This airfield is used for 200mph runs, one which TOTB use on a regular basis, at 8000rpm in 6th, the clock indicates 160mph, and i nearly ran out of runway...... the car felt very unstable at such speed, and not comfortable under braking. if it wasnt for the computer, im certain the car would have spun, and that was only scrubbing off 40 or so mph.

not recommended anywhere other than a safe environment, so this means not on public roads.

If you want to know where this airfield is, and how much it costs to use, pm me and ill let you know.

Just seen this now.. Cheers!

Suffice to say I know what you mean by uncomfortable at speed (Not the speed you were doing though). I was going around a constant bend (slightly curved, nothing dramatic) which was downhill too for what must have been a good couple of miles - at an undisclosable speed, and it was one of those one's where, not much would have taken for it to all have ended in tears. It's not even about braking at those speeds on that bend, with the car in the position it was in - I eased off the accelerator, which gradually brought the speed down, until I was content to brake her into control.

Promptly got legal-ish afterwards, wiped the sweaty palms, and got back into the comfort zone. Definitely skittish though, I tell ya that. I got a thrill out of it, but it's not something I'd actively do.

I hope to get a couple of mods on the car, and some trackdays booked up next year, to really see what she/I can withstand.:) If that episode was anything to go by, I look forward to it too, in a safer environment/monitored conditons.

Last edited by a moderator:
well iv been out accelerated by a 106 gti!

i had a swift gti which ran a 13.6 at santa pod and that was only a 1.3, thing is, when i was driving the swift it was great fun to fly past these "performance sports" cars with big engines, but now the tables have turned its not so fun :p

Overall we picked these cars over many, we had a look at a few, including the impreza 330 s, vx220 turbo, the rx8 and audi tt RS which surprised me int erms of performance.

Just interested. I've got the previous Civic Type R (EP3) and am currently mulling it over between getting a FN2 like what you've got, an imported FD2, or a new Impreza STi. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=63726

What put you off on the Scooby and made you get the Civic?

The 330S has rubbish fuel economy and is £10k more than the Civic I know but the standard STi is supposed to be a bit better?

Back