• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID Foglight Conversion

Now before anyone tells me to use the seach facility to find existing threads, I already have and after 10 minutes looking through various posts I found nothing :(

Im looking to convert my foglights to HIDs but wanted to know if its a simple plug and play job like the headlight conversion?

Has anyone done this and if so, where did you mount the ballasts?

:)

Do you mean actual headlight HIDs or the "daytime" running lights that are appearing on many new cars?

I do a lot of countryside driving at night and find im using the foglights more than the full beam as this doesnt dazzle oncoming drivers..

So when my H1 dipped beam HID conversion is installed I will have 'yellow' foglights..

Chris I mean the actual front fogs

You shouldn't be driving around with your front fogs on unless it's foggy and visibility is reduced to less than 100 meters (that's the law).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/sport_leisure/drivingfog_rac.shtml

Full beams shouldn't be on if there's traffic heading toward you so it sounds to me as if your standard lights are crap (if you drive an EP3, that's definitely the case). Upgrade those and then move from there.

Yeah they are pretty bad mate.. Think I will upgrade the standard headlights first and then see how much these improve..

Cheers

Yeah they are pretty bad mate.. Think I will upgrade the standard headlights first and then see how much these improve..

Cheers

That's the most sensible way to go, though be aware that your car might fail its MOT with a HID kit fitted (though I've not heard of it on here but if your MOT station is anal they are well within their rights to fail it).

I should be alright as regards to MOT as I kinda know the fella that works there..

Did you guys go for the 35w or 50w hid kits?

I should be alright as regards to MOT as I kinda know the fella that works there..

Did you guys go for the 35w or 50w hid kits?

The kit on my DC2 was installed when I bought it, all I know is that it's a HID4U kit, no idea about the wattage, sorry. There are a couple of EP3 owners on here who have HIDs, hopefully they'll see the thread.

I went for 35w (pics in my car thread linked in my sig) I got mine from hids4u although a lot of people get them from the forum member LeeH so might be worth dropping him a pm

Cheers

Sam, you will be amazed how well your kit performs in the facelift projector lights.

You will double the light on the road with no dazzle whatsoever.

Lee

Cheers for the help Lee..

I look forward to receiving my kit and getting it fitted hopefully this weekend!

Will get pics up too for everyone interested in your 55w 6000k kits.. :)

Sam

Cheers for the help Lee..

I look forward to receiving my kit and getting it fitted hopefully this weekend!

Will get pics up too for everyone interested in your 55w 6000k kits.. :)

Sam

I drive alot of countryside roads and the HIDS helped no end :)

Just for anyone looking to get the HID conversion I highly recommend LeeH on this forum! Got my hids the other week at a very good price but haven't been able to fit them yet as they're meant to be a Christmas present..

Back