• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hid kit?????

hi, i want to get a HID kit for my 54 plate EP3,

im not sure what to look for as everything ive seen has both filaments(hi/low) in the bulb.

i cant find one that just has the dipped beam, as you know the dipped and main beam are seperate!!

help please!!!!!! :confused:

All you need is a H1 HID kit.

You can pick them up from ebay for less than £40

Are these Ebay ones any good though?

Thats a hell of alot cheaper than other kits on the market.

I bought a set for my MG ZR 2years ago and the still going strong now (brother now owns the car)

Have a look at the pics in my signiture

Just as good as the HID kits that cost 80-100 pounds :D

you will need two 40amp blade fuses, heatshrink and a soldering iron to provide a more secure connection. Work will no doubt supply these parts :lol:

I bought a set for my MG ZR 2years ago and the still going strong now (brother now owns the car)

Have a look at the pics in my signiture

Just as good as the HID kits that cost 80-100 pounds :D

Cool, i might check them out, when i come to buying a kit:cool:

haha yeah i can get it from work!!! :D

but nick why would i need all that aswell???

Because the HID pins that connect to the OEM wiring are narrower than the OEM pins and can fall out easily. You take the 40amp fuse apart to just use the 2 blade connections and solder them to the HID kit, replacing the 2 narrow blade connectors.

It will make sense when you try and install the kit. If you do it in work I can pop over and give you a hand (if I make it over the ice)

Because the HID pins that connect to the OEM wiring are narrower than the OEM pins and can fall out easily. You take the 40amp fuse apart to just use the 2 blade connections and solder them to the HID kit, replacing the 2 narrow blade connectors.

It will make sense when you try and install the kit. If you do it in work I can pop over and give you a hand (if I make it over the ice)

right i understand!! yeah mate ill be doing it in work! i would appreciate the help mate, ill let ya know when i get it!!

cheers

also as ive been looking around on ebay and other places!!!
it mentions about the kits being ''CANBUS Compatible''......

what is this? is it important???

well all the kits on ebay for my car all say they have it!
is it important whether it has it or not???

right, ill just buy one then! however some of the kits mention that the 6K are for show purpose/off road use only?????????????????

All HID kits are for show use as we don't have HID headlamps as standard. As long as you don't get silly blue ones you'll be OK, 5k and 6k ones won't attract the cops and will pass an MOT.

I have 5k as they produce more white light than the 6k.

I got advice off here for one of my friends HIDs and they spliced the conctions and they give off better light...

I am putting a set in this weekend. what will be the best way of doing it. solder or splice?

mr_sport

I got advice off here for one of my friends HIDs and they spliced the conctions and they give off better light...

I am putting a set in this weekend. what will be the best way of doing it. solder or splice?

mr_sport

why do you need to splice or solder mine just pluged straight in

Back