• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda #4 - FN2 GT (Nav/HFT)

Just got home with the new Tegiwa exhaust on.
For a "quiet" exhaust I never expected it to be so noticeable!!
It has a nice sporty tone to it, and burble on start up and tick over.
Put your toe down and it brings the noise on straight away!

Bit more grumble when in the higher gears and accelerating, when you could stealthily accelerate in 6th from 40mph without any noise its difficult now.
The tone is quite deep at low revs, but the howl at high revs is really sports car like.

Only 25 odd miles covered, and first day, initial impressions are it is a lot louder than I expected (and maybe wanted)
I imagine it catches peoples attention when I'm driving around.

But hey, its a Type R, its nice to be noticed isn't it?
Full load acceleration is quite intoxicating!

Vids when I get chance.

It'll settle down a bit as it cokes up. I'm a big fan of that exhaust, good choice!

get a video up when you get chance. Always thought it was a more subtle system. And i also think its nice to be able to hear it.

I love the sound of mine now its settled. Pops and bangs on downshifts and vtec engagement . But still think its a tad Loud :)

It'll settle down a bit as it cokes up. I'm a big fan of that exhaust, good choice!

Thanks Loxy, I remember the Powerflow on the 172 was noisy as hell when first fitted.
The Janspeed KTR on the 182 was only slightly noisier when first fitted and settled down very fast.

I took the lad out for a half hour and he thought it was awesome, the tone and growl from 2500rpm makes the car more engaging whereas to get any noise and excitement before you tended to have to thrash it into 6k rpm.

Should make low speed driving more enjoyable.
A little quietening would be nice, I have my fingers crossed

I'm a big fan of that exhaust, good choice!

My mate had the car up on the ramps and the old exhaust off and the Tegiwa fitted perfectly in less than 40 mins.
He said it was a dream to fit, just went together spot on, no hassle.

Said it looked great underneath with the highly polished silencers sitting nicely.
Exhaust tip fits nicely in the triangular oem trim too.

Said how much do I owe you mate?
Call it a tenner he said.

Cool.

get a video up when you get chance. Always thought it was a more subtle system. And i also think its nice to be able to hear it.

I love the sound of mine now its settled. Pops and bangs on downshifts and vtec engagement . But still think its a tad Loud :)

I will mate. I get nice burbles on downshifts and on the overrun with the odd pop here and there.

Had a drive into Lincoln today, grabbed a coffee, etc.

The Tegiwa is ridiculously good fun driving through the built up part of the city, lot of pedestrians turning their heads lol.

And spotted a nice black EP3 on the way out who gave us a noisy drive by on the by-pass and flash of the lights.
My lad noticed a forum sticker in the window but didn't take much notice if it was Type-R-Owners or 'the other'...

Its not quietened down any yet btw lol
The mrs say she can see me putting the Honda one back on.

I'll give it a month or two, I can't see anyone wanting anything much louder for everyday driving...

Yes they are Type R Owners stickers on the back windows lol Yours does sound ace mate and don't worry it will get quieter as time goes on and you will get used to it. I must say I do really like Tegiwa mods, there great quality and fit really well. Cheers

Yes they are Type R Owners stickers on the back windows lol Yours does sound ace mate and don't worry it will get quieter as time goes on and you will get used to it. I must say I do really like Tegiwa mods, there great quality and fit really well. Cheers

Yeah nice fit and nice build quality on the exhaust.
See you around next time I'm in Lincoln Ricki

Hi mate, how's the tegiwa exhaust going now? Has it toned down a little?
Cheers,
Ricki

Done about 400-500 miles with it.
Its much better on the A1 Ricki
60 and 70mph are very comfortable in all honesty.
Only time its loud, and still a bit too loud at the moment is accelerating from low speed when the revs are 2-3k rpm. After that its fine and sweet as a nut.

Its quietened down a bit.

On load, like when your going up a hill its quite noisy at low revs, and more bearable if you knock it down a cog or two to get the revs going a bit higher.
I have a bit of messing about with the air box still to do, different boxes, different filters to see if they affect the exhaust noise in any way.
Thinking about any difference if I had the rear bolt on pipe of the Tegiwa fabricated again in 2.25" down from the 2.5" back box.
Just not sure how this would be with the Teg being a single exit.
Pity Tegiwa stopped doing the 2.25" single exit as I would have preferred that to start with.

Still a few hundred miles to go before I change anything though and it is growing on me :)

Well the exhaust is off the car and back to standard exhaust on.

Couple of itches to scratch while I can.
One of them being getting an S2000.

Looking at an '07 plate in Silverstone Silver later this week. Black dash, black/red seats.
Its on 90k but has full Honda history and had a new roof fitted last year.

Mmm, am I mad?

Well the exhaust is off the car and back to standard exhaust on.

Couple of itches to scratch while I can.
One of them being getting an S2000.

Looking at an '07 plate in Silverstone Silver later this week. Black dash, black/red seats.
Its on 90k but has full Honda history and had a new roof fitted last year.

Mmm, am I mad?

An s2000 would be cool mate. Look forward to that if you get one :D

S2k I looked at was not the nicest of cars tbh.

And I wasn't that desperate to move the FN2 on quite so soon. So may be staying put for a while longer yet.
Just bought some genuine side decals and front Type R grille badge.

I think the non stickered and non logo'd FN2 looks a bit plain, so I'm getting these on to make it look a bit more like a Type R :cool:

S2K's can have a lot of hidden gremlins.

Rear arch rust, engine issues depending on the year, roof, seized brakes, suspension bushes etc.

Back