• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda owner again

RickHondaR

R-32840
Well since the CTR went in January I have got a bit bored with not having a toy so after looking for a while I have gone and bought another Honda. I first started looking at these about 2 years ago and in that time the price seems to gone up at least 50% for a scraper. Well anyway I found one for £350 in Halifax so I took the **** and offered him £250 and he come back with £275 so I snatched his hand off.

Here is the chaly on 16/07.09 when I bought it

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

As you can see the vtec is not that great but this will do 100mpg and you would not believe what you can buy, I even found a turbo kit and 16v cylinder head conversion. Well anyway I stripped the CF70 and went to work on restoring the bike, I estimate once 100% finished this bike will stand me at about £1250.
DSCF0713.jpg

DSCF0715.jpg

DSCF0717.jpg

DSCF0718.jpg

DSCF0719.jpg

DSCF0720.jpg

DSCF0721.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSCF0722.jpg

DSCF0723.jpg

DSCF0724.jpg

DSCF0725.jpg

DSCF0726.jpg

DSCF0727.jpg

DSCF0728.jpg

DSCF0730.jpg

DSCF0729.jpg

DSCF0731.jpg

There is one thing for sure this aint a Type R but its an Honda;)

I got it for a bit of fun and knocking around local, will have to go to skeg on it for the grins I think next summer

Nice to have you back Rick.:)

Good little project that, will be great when its done.:cool:

Thanks JMR and Edy ;) I had been after one of these for a few years and tbh its great fun for knocking around, the other benefits is its dirt cheap to keep and wont cost a lot to tax and insure. As for the Toyota its going great and have no regrets getting rid of the EP3 even through the CTR was great it no longer was practical for our needs.

Just a few more pictures, I am now stuck for a while as the company doing the re-chroming of the front forks has let me down so I now have a brand new genuine Honda set on order and I suspect this will take about 3-4 weeks they are also approx £170 + postage:eek:. I had this running again the other night for about 30 minutes but have ordered new points and condenser as I suspect they are 34 years old and I no longer have a spark. I have checked all the parts and it looks like the condenser is shorting to earth other wise its the coil, I know the plug is fine as I have 2 and the brand new one is an ngk iridium plug

DSCF0732.jpg

DSCF0733.jpg

DSCF0734.jpg

DSCF0736.jpg

Just a few more pictures, not much left now but still suspect it will be a month before the mot

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

Hey Rick, nice to have you back mate;). Loving the new project, give it some Red H Badges just for the hell of it i say:lol:

Hey Rick, nice to have you back mate;). Loving the new project, give it some Red H Badges just for the hell of it i say:lol:

Thanks NYA, not far now just need the new condenser and crank cover etc + a few small parts. Would like some new handle bars as the ones I have are only about 80% mint and 2 x new alloy wheel rims complete with sprayed red hubs and tyres but these will be one of the things I will change once I am using the bike

Mate that looks awesome. I so want one. Smashing little project you've got going. Would definitely save me money doing that, would stop me googling new parts for my civic.

as everyone has said this looks like its a lot of fun to build up and should be quite a laugh to ride about on. get some racing leathers for it though :lol:

A few more pictures, I have done about 5 miles on the bike and all is ok apart from a blocked fuel filter due to crap coming out of the tank. Still have about £200 worth of Genuine Honda parts on order to fit and will replace the handle bars and controls at a later date as I cant get genuine Honda ones new so re-chroming might be an option.
DSCF0803.jpg

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0806.jpg

Thanks, just had a good buy today and picked up a spare engine and gearbox (72cc and not seized) with missing carb and flywheel cover for £20;)

Bargain of the year surely:D Looks great Rick, like you say, will look lovely with some nice red (Milano??) rims on it, will really stand out.;)

Back