• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda tech won't test drive due to tyre size.

Hey,

I'm looking for some new tyres thinking either toyos again or Falkens.

This is the thing i cant find any 205 Falken FK452 they only seem to come in 215 but today whilst at honda the tech said he wouldn't test drive my car due to the tyres being the 'Wrong' size. WTF is that all about?

What size should i be looking at?

Want to order tonight so any links to Falken FK452 would be great so i can get them fitted whilst its over at tgm next week.

Thanks

(i did search this subject too but its a mine field):confused:

He's a cock, obviously.

215/40/17 are fine to use.

I took my Falkens off my ep3 in a matter of weeks so they wouldn't be my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I had a set fitted when I was desperate. Took them off in 2 weeks and went back to Toyo. They were rubbish FACT.

Yeah I had a set fitted when I was desperate. Took them off in 2 weeks and went back to Toyo. They were rubbish FACT.

FACT and Opinion are 2 different things.

I took Eagle F1's off my NSX after a couple of weeks as they didn't suit my driving style, whilst I appreciate they are a very good tyre they didn't suit me on that car.

I know of people running Falkens on other cars and they love them.

Nothing wrong with my FK452's FACT. They are a good all round tyre.

If they are good for circa 350bhp then they are good for bread vans ;)

FACT i might of got my numbers mixed up and they could of been 512's I had fitted. Either way they were total **** lol

To be honest i had Toyo's before and i thought they sucked so i guess its personal driving style.

Go back and give him a bitch slap from me. Make sure you do it properly...

[video=youtube;MNdFN7_hbIQ]old link autoupdated[/video]

Nothing wrong with my FK452's FACT. They are a good all round tyre.

If they are good for circa 350bhp then they are good for bread vans ;)

lol at your boost snobbery.

Well I'm putting 215's back on just so i don't have to ever go back to a dealership as they suck!!! Every time i go to one i leave wanting to go back with a shot gun and kill everyone. Tossers.

Arse and elbow come to mind.

215's are fine. In fact I have 215/45s up front and 205/40 at the rear ATM and have had no probs at all. ABS still works fine so other than that, I can't see where the guy is coming from....

Grip is still spot-on in all weathers
Decent ride quality
Load ratings are correct
Speed ratings are correct

The guy is a pillock regardless of where he works....or extremely paranoid. I'd never give up a drive in an EP3 in work time! :lol:

Back