• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata Airbox Mod Done.... Some Pics

As to how it works, the principal is that the forced air through the front grill increases the compression of the air in the air box, feeding more compressed air than normal, into the mix, the idea behind turbocharging.
wether the ECU can detect this new change to optimise the burn........beyond me, but would be interested to find out.

Does anyone have a more recent link to where I can by the 90mm piping and jubilee clip? I for one do not think it is a waste of my personal time to mod this part of the car :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did this mod the other day but without a cold air feed, didnt really notice much difference, maybe a placebo effect but it feel better in the higher revs but not much notice in the lower. no sound difference either. Will recheck the filter as the stock one seem sto only 'suck' air one side so you can see only part of the filter was dirty.

Will recheck the filter as the stock one seem sto only 'suck' air one side so you can see only part of the filter was dirty.

The stock filter will be dirty in one area only as thats where the OEM box channels the air from the feed to it.

yep, in theory it should be more spread now but only time will tell. dont know if the ecu needs to 'adjust' to these things but no great difference currently nor negative effect.

Oh my days this mod takes ages, plastic is harder than chuck norris! My ep3 already had a k&n filter in it and now has the Hondata mod but with the standard snorkel. Went out for a quick spin and from 3k the car seems a bit more responsive. It also felt like the standard airbox was designed to hold the engine back until vtec when theres a big increase. It now pulls much stronger all the way up to the redline which makes vtec less viscous. Worth doing IMO.

Hi all, I did this mod today and noticed the VTEC sound is very quiet and a lot smoother. Has anyone else had this?
3bf0f05f8ac479afce4dc7f9fad35cda.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Back