• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Horrible noise!

Danger200

Driving home I was coming down a country road that had heavy flowing water down one side (due to the rain) which I had to basically stay in because the road was narrow. I heard this horrible noise so immediately turned into someone's driveway :lol: I jumped out the car expecting to see my wheel hanging off....quick visual check no problems, this was confirmed with my torque wrench. So I put it down to something hiding under the water.

Now it happened again on my way home a minute ago, it sounds like the wheel has dragged the arch liner out and it is resting on the wheel as I go along, and I can really feel it through the steering wheel and foot rest.
I can't see anything though, I was out there under the car in the pouring rain, I ran my arms all over the wheels to check nothing is touching them, I was under the bonnet but everything is secure. And it's really odd.

I have trawled through a few pages of the faults/servicing section and had a look through the common faults but nothing seems to be like this.

HELP!

Bloody hell that's put my mind at rest. It shook the whole bloody car hence why I thought I either had a puncture or that the wheel had fallen off.

How weird that it shakes the car though.

I always said it sounds like the exhaust is blowing, and pops when releasing the accelerator.

The noise then vibrates through the body of the car

i had this to, not long after i fitted my exhaust. Had it in a garage for the day and they couldnt find anything wrong, feels like the cars falling to bits lol bloody rain, not done it for ages though :)

Back