• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HOT North Weald Car Activity Day 25 April 2008

Oh No!!!!!! Whats wrong with it now:eek:

Upgrades wont be finished on time:( Im not allowed the MX5 cause ive made the gearbox go noisy through abuse:lol: so im a little stuck.

Sara anyone on HOT looking for a slot or can i use your landy?:smt047

LOL Andy DOSENT allow my Landy to take part as he has seen one go over in the past :eek: :lol:
Hire something?

The only reserve Im aware has a slot already. Post up on the HOT forum tho as someone may still want.

LOL Rent anything as long as its got an engine and 4 wheels just dont tell the hire place why you need it.;)

Did I just say that, Im naughty!!!:rolleyes:

Well having been crippled , looks like i wont be able to take up any slack spaces either :( I can barely drive let alone drive fast! :(

I had a great day and think the Golf did itself proud considering the extra mass it was trying to turn (and I don't mean me!).
Massive thanks to Si, Lottie and Jas for letting me rag their cars about a bit :) made me miss a petrol engine and a willing chassis.
good to catch up with old faces and meet some new ones.
Well done to the HoT massive for setting the day up and for introducing Spitroast to the conversation

See some of you at combe on Monday when i'll be whoring about in someone elses car for a bit (still can't believe Daran's trusting me)

Stu.

BTW, I saw 3 Impreza's on the way home and not a hint of gold rims, balding heads or big bellys..........

It was great fun! :) Not much chance the throw the car around like that.

The advice from the guy was a bit wrong on the high speed corner - he advised letting go of all pedals and turn..... obviously car spun every time.

After getting into the car with nosman, who kept the pedal on one time (made it round the corner), and then lifted off the second time (didn't make it round the corner), I tried it again and made it round the corner. :p

Or maybe I was just s*h*i*t*e. :lol:

Kamion...Your ***** LOLOLOLOL (Only Joking)

The exercise of the high speed bend is to show you what happens when it all goes wrong ie lifting off as you go into the corner but Andy also explains about how the lateral forces effect the car and NOONE ever beleives him about the 'one finger touch' required to not spin:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

It was a cracking day and even better as I got to travel in 'Posh' style to and from the pub for lunch, I want a brand new SLK;)

We will be running 2 more days, just keep checking the forums for the dates.

The exercise of the high speed bend is to show you what happens when it all goes wrong ie lifting off as you go into the corner but Andy also explains about how the lateral forces effect the car and NOONE ever beleives him about the 'one finger touch' required to not spin:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Well, he left that part of the explanation out. :rolleyes:

:lol:

I wondered who it was in the TDi......it & you were very impressive :)

Cheers mate - it took a bit of encouragement I can tell you but I managed a 55.4 second run in the afternoon (I think)

I've got a nice series of pic of the Clio getting super sideways just before lunch (couple of them added below)

Attachments

• CLIO 1.JPG
    CLIO 1.JPG
    395.9 KB · Views: 11
  • CLIO 5.JPG
    CLIO 5.JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 11
Cheers mate - it took a bit of encouragement I can tell you but I managed a 55.4 second run in the afternoon (I think)

I've got a nice series of pic of the Clio getting super sideways just before lunch (couple of them added below)

Thats a top time with the TDi :eek:

Thanks for the attached pics, I'll look forward to seeing more :twisted:

Was a great day again even if i was a little worried about trashing another set of tyres!

Just a few pictures at the mo...ones that made me chuckle

DSCF0590edit.jpg

DSCF0601edit.jpg

Monkey being a child in my car

DSCF0610edit.jpg

Me being a child in his car

DSCF0611edit.jpg

Which ended in this :lol:

Back