• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HOT Snetterton 07/03/09…

First post after the day :D

Two words... BLOODY BRILLIANT!

Thanks to Lottie, HOT and LOT. It has been a fantastic day and was really good to see so many of us down there.

And of course a big thanks to all the other nutters driving out there, a good clean days fun had by all 8)

Was good to meet you all, I just need photo's with names so I can remember everyone :rolleyes:

I thoroughly enjoyed myself at Snetters yesterday and I was only a passenger, so it must have been even better for all of the drivers.

It was nice to meet everyone and put some more names to faces. I was really impressed how everyone was so welcoming and thank you all for taking the Norfolk boys for passenger laps. I would like to especially like to thank Strebok, Lottie and Markchese as they were kind enough to take me as a passenger.

We only stayed until about 3ish and there were a couple of sessions left when I went home, so I hope they went smoothly. All in all, the day was enjoyed by all with possibly the exception of one... ahem.

Thanks again.

I thought it was a fantastic day as well, thanks to lottie for organising the passenger rides and Mark who took me out, your a legend and a great experience.

Pics to follow, I hope the chap who went off got home ok.:smt047

044.jpg

032-1.jpg

041.jpg

008.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark and Jemal with lottie behind in pursuit...

053.jpg

049.jpg

Lottie showing the Norfolk boys how to drive a type R

029.jpg

051.jpg

054.jpg

Mark at 125

030.jpg

048.jpg

017.jpg

048.jpg

yea looks like me i could just about keep up in the corners but lost out big time on the straight need more POWER lol

it was great day really enjoyed my self only thing that spoiled it a bit was the mini thinking it was a race

yea looks like me i could just about keep up in the corners but lost out big time on the straight need more POWER lol

There were two silver EK9's there, however if I was riding shotgun with Mark in that photo, the other EK9 probably wouldn't have been on track. :p

yea he had prob just been 1 inch away from my rear bumper 20 secs before you took thst pic lol

I hope the chap who went off got home ok.:smt047

Apparently the AA came out and bent everything away from the wheels with a crowbar, Then secured it with bodge tape. He reckoned it was driveable. Wouldn't have fancied it myself :eek:

I'd like to echo everyone else's comments and say a massive thanks to Lottie, Markchese, Nosman, and everyone else who sorted out passenger laps for us all. It was both mine and the OH's first time on a track and was thoroughly enjoyable.

It was great to meet a few new faces and to catch up with old ones :) I wasn't going to go to the event but after the HOT lot saying nice things and the missus saying I had a face like a smacked 4rse I left home after me tea on Friday night :)

It was a really good day and in general terms track ettiquette was good. I had a chat with a couple of the instructors and Pete from LOT and they all had good things to day about the HOT sessions.

I had a run out in Gary's Teg Si which was running very well considering the head was still in bits on thursday night! and I had one of the later sessions in Mark's EP3 with Mrs NFN-CTR (Laura?) in the passenger seat. Hope she enjoyed it as she didn't say much during the session LOL!! Cheers Gary and Mark :)

"Official bit"
We always encourage our members to come and speak to us during the day if they have any concerns, including other drivers. Hopefully this wouldn't put you off future events, but we do need to address anything during the day. Observation noted for future events though ;)

Hopefully we might see some off the TRO posse on track soon?

Stu
The lanky bloke in a Red ziptop or Grey grandad knit hoody :)

and I had one of the later sessions in Mark's EP3 with Mrs NFN-CTR (Laura?) in the passenger seat. Hope she enjoyed it as she didn't say much during the session LOL!! Cheers Gary and Mark :)

She did enjoy it, thanks Stu. Very much so.

She commented that you seemed quite reluctant to "rag the sh!t" (her words) out of it as it was someone else's car, and that it wouldn't have mattered if you did because the camcorder ran out of juice! :lol:

ROFL!!! Glad she enjoyed it :) very perceptive of her though as its true! I always hold back a bit in someone elses car. Marks a good mate and I'd had the run of his great car many times. I would hate to break it :)

Plus it was made worse by her earlier run with Pete the Loon in his DC2, everything else would seem tame after that LOL!!

I thought it was a fantastic day as well, thanks to lottie for organising the passenger rides and Mark who took me out

Great pics there Guy ;),,, good to met you and all the others from here :cool:... Glad you and the others enjoyed the passenger rides :D...

found this vid of us on you tube you can see how close mini got to me lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOV63qB6uE8

LOL thats not close ;), joking aside he is fast in the corners but doesnt have the grunt up the straights, so unless he keeps his speed into the corner as he looks to have done in that video he probably would have struggled to get past you.

Unfortunatly we cant really say anything after the day, if you have any issues next time please come and see us and we will make sure we have a quick word.

I had a great day and evening at the pub the night before, I would like to thank everybody that attended as this is only possible by you guys being there
smug.gif

It was good to see old and quite a few new faces (especially jimbob, im so glad you had such a blast :) ), along with some of the TRO lot, which im glad we could provide a few pax laps for :), hopefully we can see some of you out on track soon ;)

Generally everyone seemed very well behaved and track etiquette was good.

As ever Mr Chese was really helpful with my car giving advice on tyre pressures and lending me fuel when I would have had to have gone to the filling station, it really is appreciated, also thanks to Jason for lending me his rear headrest, cant believe I forgot my camera mount hoop! and of course Si who is my on hand mechanic ;) (PS he was taking pics, quite a lot of them infact, but his laptop has decided to die after transferring them so he needs to get home and sort the hard drive out before he can go through and edit them.)

I see a few photos appearing, if you would like them in the HOT gallery please send me a copy of them over either email or via MSN and ill get them hosted.

Back