• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 How can I order DC5 parts via Honda?

Guys,

As per the thread header; how can this be done?

I know from past experience (converting my premier edition EP3, to pre-facelift) that it was possible to provide a registration number for a pre-face car and use that to order the parts I wanted; it's not the same for the DC5 though.

I would like to buy some individual parts - but am not sure how to go about it. I would like to go through Honda for Honda parts, rather than a site in the U.S. or an importer, or hang around waiting for moot condition, used parts - if they ever come up. I also have a friend who 'looks after me' in parts, because I sourced most of my conversion parts from them - so they appreciate that I have given them business before; a lot of business.

Is anyone able to advise - please?

If you didn't already know; I neglected to mention that I don't own one - but this isn't the point of me starting this thread LOL ;).

Thanks.

Sun

Last edited by a moderator:
you can, but you will need a vin number I think?

Yes, bang on.

Honda will only deal with import parts via VIN numbers.

When I need parts for the S2000 this is the route I have to go down.

Its something to do with the computer system there I think, you either need a number plate reg or VIN number to make sure the part is for the correct car.

A VIN'll be difficult to get hold of - me thinks, without looking bate/suspicious; do we know if plates definitely work?

Cheers, I was 90% sure I was right. I had to give my vin number over for a fuel cap for the DC2 even though it was the same part as the Uk car.

Also if they havn't got the parts in belguim then you will be waiting for months.

Best PM integrastella on DC2 forum as he is always breaking DC5's :) Just got myself a parcel shelf of him.

A VIN'll be difficult to get hold of - me thinks, without looking bate/suspicious; do we know if plates definitely work?

No they wont, as the plate is registered to the vehicle when its first sold.

So, when it was originaly sold in Japan it would have a reg, then, when imported given a new one over here, which wont match the Honda records.

Howver the VIN number will never change.

Even now when I call Honda I still have to quote my VIN number. I can find S2000 parts though as it was sold in the UK, but if I want a JDM part, like my rear bumper toe eye cover, I have to have the VIN for it as its Jap.

I assume the same will be for the DC5.

No they wont, as the plate is registered to the vehicle when its first sold.

So, when it was originaly sold in Japan it would have a reg, then, when imported given a new one over here, which wont match the Honda records.

Howver the VIN number will never change.

Even now when I call Honda I still have to quote my VIN number. I can find S2000 parts though as it was sold in the UK, but if I want a JDM part, like my rear bumper toe eye cover, I have to have the VIN for it as its Jap.

I assume the same will be for the DC5.

Yeah, I thought so - there goes quoting Harv's reg number to the dude in Honda parts LOL. :lol:

What parts do you want? I'll ask that matey, he has all sorts of bits lying about.

What parts do you want? I'll ask that matey, he has all sorts of bits lying about.

An accelerator pedal. My one is knackered; I was told it was in great condition - he lied. LOL.

Fcuk importing a set, for one pedal - Honda do that sh!z individually - hence the original post.

He will have that, let me pm him. Just the DC5 accelerator pedal?

Yep, just the accelerator pedal and adjoined assembly etc. etc.

Foot-rest (clips intact) if he's got one going - but not vital.

Man, condition is paramount though - as I have these parts anyway - just not in great condition, as per the for sale ad. :)

Thanks man.

I went into Honda, and said, How much for a DC5 footrest. And they got the details for me straight away. HTH's

cheers

I tried that for an accelerator pedal - I have this thread as a result LOL.

Not sure it is possible, unless it's a Honda dealer where modders go in looking for these kind of parts often, so they're aware or have dealt with the query before, possibly?

No. I ordered a side repeater instead. There wouldn't have been a problem getting one though :eek:

What dealership? would be good to know if there is a honda dealership out there that doesn't ask for vin numbers lol

Speak to Dave at Steels, Hereford. Next day delivery if he has the part in stock and a top bloke. 01432 267151.

Everyone on the DC5 forum uses him.

Back