• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

how do i change my rear number plate light bulbs..?

May be a stupid question with a simple answer..?
One of my rear number plate bulbs doesnt work and i cant seem to work out how to get that clear plastic cover off.? it says "PUSH" and with a right arrow but its not moving accross atal. Just wondering if that is the right way to get it off and change the bulb..?

I'm assuming you have done this by now but you push the whole clear plastic bit to the right and it should pop out.

Yep... keep pushing. Or in my case I had a good grip on it and decided to pull. You will have to use a bit of manoeuvring to get the cover out from the fitting. There is not much wire to play with either so be patient. :)

Mine were pretty stuck too, just push to the right and it should come free, I used a crew driver sor a bit more leverage than my finger :)

Yup, on one side is a plastic spring clip, the other end is a slotted fixing.
You need to push it over far enough against the clip so the slotted end can pop out.

Yup, on one side is a plastic spring clip, the other end is a slotted fixing.
You need to push it over far enough against the clip so the slotted end can pop out.

Problem is the clips can be easily broken as there isn't that much give in it - as I have found out! :oops:

Theres a little arrow showing which way to push. You have to push it in that direction and pull the opposite side out at the same time. So if the arrow was pointing right --> you have push it right and start to pull the left side out gently.

Both of my bulbs are knackered, had a crack at changing them but was having the same problem, then i realised it helps you not getting caught and if THEY are behind you they can't tell the bulbs are not working :)

Done!
Right best way is to stand side on and put two fingers on the left hand side for the holder and pull towards you.
You will hear a click and then it will pop out.
Ease the other side out aswell and negoitate the holders out of the boot trim (hardest part)
Put back as they came out!
Ive gone for led lights on mine with 1 led in each bulb.
Not sure if they are bright enough to be honest but...how bright do you want a number plate to be!

:)Just got mine changed ! I found the easiest way is do it from the back of the tailgate , just remove the black cover , twist the bulb holder out and you will then replace easily

Back