• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How do you remove the bolt that holds on your front brake disc

nice pic hasnic.

in my yout when i was changing brake discs for the first time i was left head scratching when having undone the 2 small bolts the disc stayed put. transpired that the heat and pressure had made the disc grip to the hub. a swift tap from behind :smt047 removed the disc. i can see why people without instructions would be left head scratching.

are you using the discs again?

if not just smash the back of the disc with a hammer and then a set of mole grips to take the rest out :)

LOL. got one of my friends to help me who works in a garage and he was laughing at me because i was trying to remove a 32mm bolt that should not be removed. lol

Thanks for all your help guys for a simple matter

Last edited by a moderator:
I just replaced the whole lot on my car (pads discs and lines) and it was because of those damn bolts that it took all day! I used a tit load of WD40 (avoid getting it on the replacement components!) An impact driver (£15 from Halfrauds) and a lot of swearing! :lol:
Those bolts are horrific! I beat the sheite out of them to get them to move! Since then I have been told that heating them with a blowtorch would have solved the problem..... Personally I have my doubts, but it cant hurt! :rolleyes:

Back