• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to calculate your MPG

I got 260 out of the S2000 the other week, which is a personal best :D .

Thats sub 6000rpm driving in the slow lane with big gay blue wheels.

ouch, that's alot of money for not alot of driving

Tell me about it.

I'm moviong soon, as close to work as possible, as my current commute has me doing 250 miles a week.

So thats a tank a week.

So thats on average about £300 a month on fuel, if I only go too and from work.

So thats shít.

I'll be doing a test to see how much I can get this weekend. Will fill it to first click and see. Minimum 260 mile round trip.

Got 23.41mpg out of mine last tank.
Not bad considering alot of it was town driving & once on the open road not hanging around from 2nd gear onwards.

Got 23.41mpg out of mine last tank.
Not bad considering alot of it was town driving & once on the open road not hanging around from 2nd gear onwards.

I'd cry if I was getting that. I would be spending £70 a week to get to work and I'm sure it would be fun I would rather spend the cash on something else

But Ben, I do one maybe two tanks a month mate & don't hang about ;)
Driving my car is not essential, it's a treat.

That's only £10 more than what I'm pouring into the Ducati every week :mad::mad: I might as well drive the Panzer to work - it's barely any thirstier.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Really?! I was thinking I'd get a crotch rocket one day to save me petrol money!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Really?! I was thinking I'd get a crotch rocket one day to save me petrol money!!

It's all relative - I'm doing a 70mile a day commute in the two-wheeled equivalent of a Porsche Cayenne Turbo (with an added 20% fuel penalty at the moment).

A proper crotch rocket will do about 45mpg, where as if you get a 125cc chicken chaser CG125 or something similar you'll get almost 100mpg matey.

A proper crotch rocket will do about 45mpg, where as if you get a 125cc chicken chaser CG125 or something similar you'll get almost 100mpg matey.

I wouldn't mind a 125 for work, but would still cost a bit to get up and going. Did read loosely into what license I would require to see if I could get away with my current car license

I was thinking 600cc or so. I assumed about 70mpg. What sort of tank size are they? 10L?

You'd need motorway to get that sort of mpg & you'd have to ride like a fairy on a 600cc tbh mate.

I wouldn't mind a 125 for work, but would still cost a bit to get up and going. Did read loosely into what license I would require to see if I could get away with my current car license

CBT on current licence done.

Back