• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to calculate your MPG

I've been averaging about 56mpg.... although on longer runs (50miles+) i've hit 65mpg. 8)

81.29mpg from the scooter this tank :)

I'm filling the 182 up tonight so will work that one out once she's empty.

khan, Tell me - Why are you all of a sudden posting with lots of ':lol:' or similar.

Are you after selling something and therefore trying to get your post count up.

Shoot me down if I am wrong but that's certainly what it looks like :idea:

With the the current lack of pennies in the World & fuel duty gone up today, I thought I'd work out what I've been doing MPG wise.

My last tank on the scooter came in @ 108.66 MPG :eek: :cool:

Back when I had a civic sport it had a MPG calculator in the dash computer. I'm assuming they left this off the EP3 either because they didnt want to upset people by showing them low figures or they assume type r drivers just dont care about that sort of thing.

Personally I don't like to think about how much i'm spending on petrol and how few miles I manage to get from a tank. It's just too tempting to press the loud pedal as far as it goes.

397 miles from a full tank when i picked it up from inverness nd drove back to leeds at 56 mph the whole way

since then iv been luckyto see 200miles from a full tank :lol:

I get 320m from a tank of Optimax normally. The needle doesn't shift for the first 90 miles so that helps matters. Lots of my driving is at 60 odd on the m-way though, you can't go much faster in rush hour tbh.

96.9mpg on the lastest chicken chaser tank.
42.7mpg on the Bogey & 29. something mpg in the Clio.

On my current tank I've managed 345 miles so far without the light coming on. Fcuk knows how as I haven't been driving especially carefullyy, and there's been a few VTEC moments.

On my current tank I've managed 345 miles so far without the light coming on. Fcuk knows how as I haven't been driving especially carefullyy, and there's been a few VTEC moments.

That's good going. I got 328 miles before filing up again (light still wasn't on) and managed to get 42 litres into the tank, giving an mpg of 35.45 which is amazing for a car that'll do 150 as near as damn it, has 226bhp and sits in queues mon-fri.

That's good going. I got 328 miles before filing up again (light still wasn't on) and managed to get 42 litres into the tank, giving an mpg of 35.45 which is amazing for a car that'll do 150 as near as damn it, has 226bhp and sits in queues mon-fri.

That last tank still only worked out to 32mpg. My light seems to come on at a different point every time.

My last tank was finished after less than 150 miles, but that included a track day.

On a trip to Wales this weekend, 150miles, my FN2 averaged 38mpg! :eek: That's driving upto the speed limit but taking it a bit easy as my bike and all my gear was in the back.

Back