• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How To Fit Accord Type R Seats to EP3

in process of cleaning all the interior, can't have new seats without cleaning the rest. lol. will get some posted in a bit

Lol, know the feeling. Haven't done mine for ages but think i'll wait till the seats are in. Can't be hooped doing the windows!!

Good work chap I look forward to seeing the results. Seeing as these go in easy I might just find a set when I get paid in the new year. Good effort.

Here they are.

Half way through fitting them
IMG_0403.jpg

And the finished product, very happy with how it turned out, a must have mod for all those with pre-facelift interior

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Fitted mine at the weekend. Couple of points.

1. M10 bolts need to be 1.25 pitch
2. 60mm will be too long to get the seat level. 45-50mm is fine.
3. Only the inner rear rail to floorpan bolt hole needs enlarged. This is the hole closest to the centre console on both seats. This needs filed back from the original 17mm to 23mm
4. When mounting the outer rails put the front bolts in 1st and screw them in just a few threads then fit the rears and tighten both front and rear up.
5. Your best off drilling 4 new holes on the rails to suit the seats. By doing this the rails sit a little bit more forward giving you greater adjustment forwards meaning its easier to get in the back. There's still plenty of adjustment backwards if your 7ft tall! Best way to do this is to used the 'H' brace from the bottom of the accord seats as a template for the rails as it has the holes already there for the seats. Just clamp it to the rail, scribe the hole then centre punch and drill it. Make sure you use a larger drill bit afterwards on a SLOW setting to get rid of the excess/sharp metal left after driling the holes. Also means you can use the original seat bolts for all mounting points.

Simples...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one doug! But does seem a long winded way of doing it as there is plenty of adjustment the way I've done it allowing people to get into the back, but aslong as they are in that's all that matters!

Yeah, might take a little longer but theres no need to measure any of the holes, the seat doesn't need drilled and you can retain the original seat mounting points. Also pushes the seat forward by about 2 inches which means less cranking the seatback forward to get the shopping in. At the end of the day both ways are spot on. i'll post some pics of the car on a new 'members cars' thread when i get back onshore in the new year!

was thinkin about getting the dc2 reacaros but might get the accord one now as they look better with the interior colour and door cards rather than red :)

I stripped out my NHB Premier EP3's red interior and replaced the door cards and carpet with Pre faclift grey carpet and door cards.

Then I swapped the red Recaro's with black accord Recaro's.

Looked a million times better in a NHB EP3 IMO.

can you use your ep3 rails to fit the accord type r recaros

as the title states, infomation on this would be great

Hi by fitting the dc5 rails does this give you a lower driving position ? Ive got some atr,s seats sitting in my garage i wis thinking of fitting my ep3 rails to them but dont want to have the same sitting height with the ep3 rails

Back