• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to get a thick sheet of ice of the roof of my car?

Pouring water on it will probably resort in more ice build up. I would say go for a drive and get the inside of the car really warm. It should create a layer of water between the car and ice then remove it that way in chunks.

If you spray De-Icer around the outer edge of the glacier before driving it should help with the lifting once you are up to speed.

Thanks for the reply's, on a similar vein, how do you guys clear the snow off your cars in the mornings with out scratching the paintwork? all i had this morning was a window scraper so i gingerly brushed the snow off while desperatley trying to avoid dragging it across the paint!

I've got a squeegee/sponge ala:

image01.jpg

Mine's all plastic though, then there is nothing to dig in and scratch.

It's only snow, there are no stones or grit in it. Just brush the majority of it off then it doesn't blow off when melting and you are moving and then end up landing on the windscreen of the car behind.

that looks like a good investment if the weather is going to stay like this the rest of the week! cheers Loxy!

I've got a really soft brush that I use, and also a large rubber squeegee thing that is use after washing that is also good for removing unwanted snow.

Back