• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

Speak to TGM for a clutch quote. Believe it's in the £350 area.

Get hardrace camber arms and eibach bolts. TGM can supply and fit these. They can also give the car a once over.

It's been mentioned in this thread a few times that there will be gremlins and don't start spending money on mods until the car itself has been given a clean bill of health.

TGM were closer to the 450 mark last year for clutch when I spoke to them.

Remember the travel on an ep3 clutch isnt a great deal, its a short movement compared to many other cars including golf mk 3, 4 and 6. (Have never driven any other golfs)
I always get a shock jumping in an ep3 after driving something else at how short and nice the clutch movement is.

If you are changing gears fine at high rpm and no crunch etc I wouldn't automatically presume the clutch is on its way out, although it may well be

Speak to TGM for a clutch quote. Believe it's in the £350 area.

Get hardrace camber arms and eibach bolts. TGM can supply and fit these. They can also give the car a once over.

It's been mentioned in this thread a few times that there will be gremlins and don't start spending money on mods until the car itself has been given a clean bill of health.

Best advice right here! Things will come up, and will cost money. Get a once over from some experts and fix the basics

TGM were closer to the 450 mark last year for clutch when I spoke to them.

Remember the travel on an ep3 clutch isnt a great deal, its a short movement compared to many other cars including golf mk 3, 4 and 6. (Have never driven any other golfs)
I always get a shock jumping in an ep3 after driving something else at how short and nice the clutch movement is.

If you are changing gears fine at high rpm and no crunch etc I wouldn't automatically presume the clutch is on its way out, although it may well be

Haven't had any issues changing gears at high revs, occasionally 1-2 can be a bit tough but no problems any other time, but it is noticeably firm and the bite point is low.

I've only had my car 15 months but so far I've fitted a JDM rear arb with new drop links and bushes, new front calipers and brembo pads as they had seized, 4 new tyres and I've just fitted camber arms and bolts and had the geometry done.

All of the above have transformed the car and I haven't touched the exhaust or engine bay yet.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Roughly, JDM arb unused 2nd hand £60, drop links & &30?, superpro bushes £20. Fitted myself.

Front calipers, pads, brake lines and fitting, approx £350.

Camber arms and bolts. £110. Garage to fit and set up geo. £150.

I got 4 goodyear eagle f1 as2 tyres fitted but I'm sure there are better out there but I'm happy with those.

All this chat is making me want to go get the car out the garage and take it for a blast! Especially in this nice weather!

Some sound advice in here, make sure it's tip top, look at doing bushes, dampers etc as they will make a massive difference if yours are tired, get a proper geometry set up and enjoy. Adding power doesn't really add to the experience on the road anyway, have you considered modifying the oem airbox? It will work out cheaper.

^ The Civic's got a lot more power than you can usefully use, enough to get you into a lot of trouble faster than you can blink if you're not careful. You're young (Daikiyamane), so maybe you haven't managed to make enough mistakes to realise how badly things can go wrong, but there's a lot to be said about making sure those limits (of grip, braking distance, etc.) are extended as far as possible before chasing power.

^^This. And modding an NA for power is not worth the money to me. I've often thought Honda could of easily made the civic 240hp using the S2000 engine but chose not to, they had their reasons. You learn to carry more corner speed which is where most of the fun is. Just wait a few years then go the next step to an m3, impreza, evo etc instead and experience 350hp rear / four wheel drive if your craving more.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^This. And modding an NA for power is not worth the money to me. I've often thought Honda could of easily made the civic 240hp using the S2000 engine but chose not to, they had their reasons. You learn to carry more corner speed which is where most of the fun is. Just wait a few years then go the next step to an m3, impreza, evo etc instead and experience 350hp rear / four wheel drive if your craving more.
Yep, similar to what I've done to be fair!

Some sound advice in here, make sure it's tip top, look at doing bushes, dampers etc as they will make a massive difference if yours are tired, get a proper geometry set up and enjoy. Adding power doesn't really add to the experience on the road anyway, have you considered modifying the oem airbox? It will work out cheaper.

Okay so I've had a google, I want to pay for good ones so I've found a set of 4 Bilstein dampers for 350, bushes I can't seem to find too many can you recommend any? Also any reccomendations for dampers themselves? After having slept on it I am thinking improving handling and overall drive quality does make far more sense. Also because I am going to buy the JDM Rear ARB it says it comes with two rubber bushes, that being said would I only need to replace the two front bushes? And ninja it's more just my love for this particular vehicle, yes the others you've stated are beautiful cars but there's something about this hot hatch that I just want to keep forever. So eventually I will be juicing up its power I just can't help myself. Will probably run it into the ground and she's only on 75k

Last edited by a moderator:
Just get OEM dampers and Swift/Spoon/Eibach springs.

You're acting like an excited puppy going off on a tangent all the time. Read the replies already posted in this thread, you've turned it into quite a good bit of information. Try to take some of it on board before you start getting your credit card out on an imaginary shopping list when you don't know the full state of the car as is.

Just get OEM dampers and Swift/Spoon/Eibach springs.

You're acting like an excited puppy going off on a tangent all the time. Read the replies already posted in this thread, you've turned it into quite a good bit of information. Try to take some of it on board before you start getting your credit card out on an imaginary shopping list when you don't know the full state of the car as is.

No credit card involved I have the money myself, but yeah you're right sorry. Will start with those two.

Back