• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

I'm excited to say the least, my mum will kick off if I start modding anytime soon hahaha.

Keep a close eye on the keys or she will be out driving it while your asleep :lol: ...some girlies seem to love the car. From the drivers seat at least!

Was going to wait until I collect it Saturday to post here but seeming as you're such a legend and you've asked, Think it's been the steal of the century.... no problems mechanically seemingly after my dad test driving it. Few cosmetic issues which I've had quoted up for repair. £3500 final price, gonna put it straight into a TGM or Honda service can't even tell you all how excited I am.... insurance all sorted, wishing the week away. Now to learn how to drive one of these bad boys. Will keep you all posted after the service etc. So excited.

Just thought I'd fill all you legends in, patience is not my strong point and I can't wait until Saturday any longer, going to get her tomorrow!! So if anyone checked the MOT history she hasn't been driven much and TGM have a week waiting list for a full service at the moment. Any tips on what to do / what not to do come tommorow evening? (I'm not going to test her properly for a week or so while I adjust anyway) should I rock up and put a bottle of 5w-40 I her? Dad said oil level was fine but I dunno surely wouldn't do any harm making sure she's purring over?

Just to educate you...

Overfilling oil is just as bad, or worse than under filling. If the oil level is topped up high enough for the crankshaft to make contact it will result in your crankshaft whipping your oil into a throth... Think cappuccino. Your oil pump will suck up this throth and not be able to pump it effectively. This results in oil starvation and your engine going BANG.

Go pick it up and drive it home. It's been driven still so unless it's got something obviously wrong with it (which it won't because you've done these checks already) you'll be fine. Don't over worry, no need to tread on egg shells, they are solid cars. As above, don't put oil in if it's got sufficient.

Was wondering why you didnt bring the car back the same day, i'd hate to wait a week too. Hopefully you read the above replies in the nick of time :eek:

Picking her up tommorow, TGM are squeezing me in for a full service the next day! Have taken everything that's been said on board thankyou all!

Hello all. The car is absolutely fantastic, I can't thank you all enough for your tips. These will be my last two questions and I'm sorry that I'm such a rookie.
1. Pretty soon it will need all tyres replacing, I have managed to find this reference online I was wondering what all of your opinions are? "After reccomendations for a set of new tyres for an EP3 Type R. It seems the standard size is 205/45/17 but some owners switch to 215/40/17 as there is more choice, the extra width protects the rim and its a tad cheaper. The car is lowered by 40mm but it seems the wider tyres will be fine"

2. Do you all wait for the oil light to flash before filling up? I'm assuming not but could anyone give me a rough figure in terms of mileage as to how often I should top up? I'm not pushing the car very hard still getting used to it.

Couldn't be happier though and you have all been amazing thankyou so much.

Hello all. The car is absolutely fantastic, I can't thank you all enough for your tips. These will be my last two questions and I'm sorry that I'm such a rookie.
1. Pretty soon it will need all tyres replacing, I have managed to find this reference online I was wondering what all of your opinions are? "After reccomendations for a set of new tyres for an EP3 Type R. It seems the standard size is 205/45/17 but some owners switch to 215/40/17 as there is more choice, the extra width protects the rim and its a tad cheaper. The car is lowered by 40mm but it seems the wider tyres will be fine"

2. Do you all wait for the oil light to flash before filling up? I'm assuming not but could anyone give me a rough figure in terms of mileage as to how often I should top up? I'm not pushing the car very hard still getting used to it.

Couldn't be happier though and you have all been amazing thankyou so much.
For number 2, absolutely not.

I personally check my oil level every 2 week typically or every week if driven hard. Please don't leave it till the oil light comes on or VTEC stopped working!

Re Oil: You need to get a feel for it, every engine is different. My k20 barely burnt a drop but I've known others to do a litre in over a couple thousand miles.

Check regularly for the first few moths, start weekly for a few weeks and then start extending it... 2 weeks, then a month if it's really not using any. Most owners on here will change their oil and filter every 6k miles - half of the recommended interval.

As for tyres, I always preferred 215/40. AD08R if you can afford it or Eagle F1s if you can't.

Back