• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I think I'm starting to really like these..

Im hoping we get a option to have these as lease cars at work soon. would make a nice change from a civic or a jazz

CR-Z Type R concept

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/sema-2010-2011-honda-cr-z-hybrid-r-concept/#3531531

01-hybrid-r.jpg

10-hybrid-r.jpg

I love that, think it looks very cool. Shame it won't look as good when some hoody in a Saxo VTR fitted with a delta kit and a dustbin lid exhaust flies past you.

EDIT: just saw the Type R concept part lol. Still looks cool though.

If they do a out and out petrol type R then im in but at the moment im in the same camp as Captain Beard.

Doesn't really do anything good for a hybrid the fuel eco is dog muck !

The road version would look nothing like that. For a start, the ride height would be raised and the splitters would be toned down. :(

Great idea. I like what they are trying to acheive, but the costs of producing something powerful would offset the fuel saving and then some....
Might as well buy a 3 litre turbo diesel. Like a 330d. ;)

[video=youtube;PSqwxokkmnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqwxokkmnc[/video]

I would like to see it drive. Remarkable that those are aluminium wheels and not chrome though O.O

I think they may need to rethink the BTCC wing though :lol:

[video=youtube;T35fxmi_MkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T35fxmi_MkQ[/video]

Honda messed this one up. I really like the car, but they should have dropped in a k20 engine, and why not combined with hybrid... hybrid for normal driving, k20 for eating tires!

Honda messed this one up. I really like the car, but they should have dropped in a k20 engine, and why not combined with hybrid... hybrid for normal driving, k20 for eating tires!

The K20a fails to meet the new emissions requirement for new cars. This is why Honda have had to drop it along with the FN2.

The K20a fails to meet the new emissions requirement for new cars. This is why Honda have had to drop it along with the FN2.

so how come the SLS 6.3litre AMG engine can ride around while a 2 litre can't?
Same in the states, honda's, toyota's, nissans... often can't pass emissions while 40year old V8's only getting 5MPG can pass? Some hypocrite people making wrong decicions I'd say...

Same in the states, honda's, toyota's, nissans... often can't pass emissions while 40year old V8's only getting 5MPG can pass? Some hypocrite people making wrong decicions I'd say...

It's all about new cars. 40 year old V8 is fine in the UK, just the car companies would have to pay fines/levies if they produced that same car today.

That is why Aston Martin have brought out that Cygnet/IQ abomination. To bring down their range's overall emissions quota and so they pay less in fines.

Honda could do the same and continue producing the K20, but on a £20k car they would struggle to make it worth while. Aston on a £140k V12 on the other hand are making enough on the car to cover the fines.

Plus it is not all about how much CO2 they put out as Euro V covers things like N0x and hydrocarbons.

I drove one of these the other day.
Had a nice tight, low and sporty feel to it, would be an awesome car with a k20

As Loxy has stated, it's only for new cars as it's a new rule.

It reminds me a bit of the Seat Cupra Touring thing .........

seat-wtcc-muller-030209.jpg

Attachments

• seat-wtcc-muller-030209.jpg
    seat-wtcc-muller-030209.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 50
Back