• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Indicatorless option'd topless hooligan

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Well yesterday I finally went over to Minge's house to pick up the Z3.
It was late & dark & tbh I wasn't really on top form after a savage night on the razz with some of the mob from here, so didn't go mad. But I thoroughly love the car :D
It still looks very fresh & the paint is in fantastic condition. A couple of tiny stone chips, but that's to be expected on a car 11 years old, but no dig or dinks in the panels.
The interior although that age feel head & shoulders in quality in comparison to the 182 & alot more comfy too if I'm honest. Although you do feel like you're sitting on the floor :p
The interior condition is very good too. There are few marks, but again a car this age these are unavoidable. It also smells like an older car if that makes sense. Although I've bought a air freshener & dare say once it's had a good clean it'll be top notch.
The performance is fantastic. Pulls from no revs at all & gives relentless shove all the way round to 7500rpm. I didn't go mad last night, only 2 big squirts all the way home from Essex to mine, but it feels great. My favourite thing is the way it sounds! It just sounds rude & with a metallic rasp at higher revs. The G'box is a very manual affair. Quite heavy & diliberate in it's moves & the gears thud home strong & true.
I was worried about how it would feel handling wise in comparison to the Clio, but hand on heart it feels much the same, although again I haven't pushed. I did give carry a bit of speed through some of the corners near me I know well & it gripped just fine.

There are definately some areas & some work I'll do in the coming months.
:idea: It's due an oil service, so I'll be taking this to Tom @ TGM or MJF Engineering very soon.
:idea: Replacing the current illuminated gear knob with another new OEM one
:idea: Treating a couple of marks of the leather to a Gilptone scuffmaster kit
:idea: Giving the engine bay a good clean
:idea: Cleaning & retreated the roof
:idea: Changing the clutch cable to a braided Earl's item
:idea: Etech strut brace powdercoated in matt black
:idea: Braided brakes lines & new fluid all round
:idea: Replacing the seat bushes (Common problem)
:idea: Having the steering wheel reconditioned with extra padding, slightly different leather & tri-coloured stitching
:idea: And a top secret number that'll be incoming from the USA once fabricated (It'll be a first on a Z3 in the UK too :cool: )

I'm sure I'll be updating this as I go by & will defo get some better pics along the way too. But here are a few taken from my BB so please excuse the quality :oops:

BMW1.jpg

BMW2.jpg

BMW3.jpg

BMW4.jpg

BMW5.jpg

BMW6.jpg

BMW7.jpg

I like it.... But I'd like it even more with a tin top! Can you get them for these?

Cheers for the comments peeps.
Nick - I'll add the pics you want, but they'll be even better once I've given it some Monkey loving.
Dad's comment this morning when he asked to look at the bay was "Fook me that's alot of engine isn't it mate?!" :twisted:

I like it.... But I'd like it even more with a tin top! Can you get them for these?

You can, but they look super homo on them for some reason :(
Plus they are sell kidney for medical research money too.

Ass, I'll have to search them and have a look. I wouldn't expect them to be cheap from bmw, nothing is.

Will be big pimpin' in summer y0!

Very nice Lee. I like the subtle aggressive touches to the Z3M over the standard guise.

I take it yours has the E36 M3 engine rather t5han the E46? What are the performance figures for this beasty?

O HAI!!!!!

I bet it sounds the tits. Those rear tyres look awefully expensive to replace.

I'll try for a fly by or static noise recording Mart ;)
A full set of tyres are cheaper to do than the 182, I mean WTF?!

I take it yours has the E36 M3 engine rather t5han the E46? What are the performance figures for this beasty?

Yes mate, mine has the S50 from the E36, although mated to a 5-speed box rather than a 6.
317BHP @ 7400rpm & 258 lb/ft @ 3250rpm apparently. It'll be going on Surrey's RR when MASE is here just to see what she's making. Although on the road it feels plenty!

I love these:cool: RWD and tons of power! You now have the ability to smoke most things if you're brave enough:lol:

Pax ride soon please bud.

Didn't realise they had them sort of figures. Don't like it myself, but well suited to a shorty.

Glad you're happeh with it.

I'm speechless..... Really can't understand why a man would buy the roadster.... :? The coupe is mega but the roadster is very feminine..... The colour ain't good either....

Sorry Lee.... :(

I love these:cool: RWD and tons of power! You now have the ability to smoke most things if you're brave enough:lol:

Pax ride soon please bud.

Not brave enough yet, but I'll get there.
You can have a spin when I see ya mate ;)

Didn't realise they had them sort of figures. Don't like it myself, but well suited to a shorty.

Glad you're happeh with it.

Cheers Joe. They are a bit marmite, but it does suit me being small :oops:

I'm speechless..... Really can't understand why a man would buy the roadster.... :? The coupe is mega but the roadster is very feminine..... The colour ain't good either....

No worries Hippy ;) Each to their own & all that buddy.
I love the Coupe, but they are fetching 5K+ more than mine. They seem to have more "issues" too :(

The Coupe is horrible. Looks proper Gash. Either the Roadster for me, or if you're not a fan of convertibles, then just go for a M3.

Back