• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Info Please

Having been looking around at prices of induction kits I have decided that:

Gruppe M is far too over priced @ £800+ (good kit but not £800 good)

So now this leaves me with the ARC £349 or AEM CAI (the puddle dodging one) having found reviews on various forums saying the AEM CAI is good and gives good gains for the money it costs. I have only found 1 report on the ARC and to be honest it was not the best! The report said that altho the kit looks good it does suffer from heat soke I would say this is true due to where it is located I just cant see where it gets cold air from.

Does anyone have any advice for me on which of the 2 kits is best or even give me some info on a kit that i havnt concidered.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help/point me in the right direction. I dont want to make the mistake I made when I bought the Typhoon#-o

I`ve seen the Gruppe for £600 but not £800

The AEM gives very good gains, it`s downfall is it can collect water and damage your engine (hydrolock)

You can buy a hydrosock (filter over the end) to help this problem but I don`t know if that`s a 100% preventative measure.

Here is a link for the AEM at a good price http://www.cplracing.co.uk/index.php?id=42

Another good induction kit is the ITG Maxogen. Priced at around £380, it has no dangers of hydrolock, looks smart in the engine bay, and a doddle to fit. Gains are up there with the Gruppe. Maybe not 100% as effective but close enough, especially for the price. http://www.unit-8.co.uk/acatalog/EP3_Induction_Kits.html

All the info you need on these kits is contained within.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the GM really that much now :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd go for the ARC then, that's a excellent piece of kit, everyone that has one raves about them.

Try and pick up a second hand Gruppe M if you can. You will have to keep your eyes peeled though as they will literally be sold in minutes.

You will probably find one on the other forum (for sale section) if you're patient enough.

You can then buy a K&N cleaner kit (not expensive) and give the filter a good going over. It should then be as good as new.

Expect to pay £300ish for a decent second hand one.

:eek:

600+ gruppe m is good but not that good, would be mad to spend that much.

Second hand FTMFW!!!

Having been looking around at prices of induction kits I have decided that:

Gruppe M is far too over priced @ £800+ (good kit but not £800 good)

So now this leaves me with the ARC £349 or AEM CAI (the puddle dodging one) having found reviews on various forums saying the AEM CAI is good and gives good gains for the money it costs. I have only found 1 report on the ARC and to be honest it was not the best! The report said that altho the kit looks good it does suffer from heat soke I would say this is true due to where it is located I just cant see where it gets cold air from.

Does anyone have any advice for me on which of the 2 kits is best or even give me some info on a kit that i havnt concidered.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help/point me in the right direction. I dont want to make the mistake I made when I bought the Typhoon#-o
I was in the same situation as you, i went for the AEM CAI and not had a problem at all, i was told dodge puddles that would submerge the filter, obviously you would be mad to go through sumats like that!!! Its bin fine in all the rain we have just had. The AEM makes a great sound and feels more responsive would recomend one for the money. But cleary the gruppe m is the better kit !!!!!!!!!!

That's what I was thinking as much as I want a gruppe m I just dont see one coming up for sale in the near future :(

Even tho I do have good home waiting for one HINT HINT SELL SELL.

Clay - Be patient dude if you really want one, they do come up.

Sometimes they're like buses, none for ages and then 3 at once.

Gruppe 'M is the most expensive for a reason. It's the best.

:)

I hope you enjoy the noise, mind. Most do

[video=youtube;XXdizqWzjRE]old link autoupdated[/video]

Looked at the ITG kit its over £350 altho does look nice but have not seen it fitted to a car. Do you have a picture?

This is the only pic ive got where you can see it, not very good lol

Picture036.jpg

Looked at the ITG kit its over £350 altho does look nice but have not seen it fitted to a car. Do you have a picture?

Here is a pic of my old DC5 fitted with the ITG (I then got a Gruppe M ;) )

PS Jermal, it would appear I did have that aircon pipe in the middle :D

Back