• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

insuring a ctr?

hi im new here! :). i was wondering how easy it would be to insure a ctr? best place? im 19 years old, ive got a few quotesbut they are sky high, does anybody know of any one that would insure me at this age at a resonable price? ***** in advance!

you tried adrian flux yet. they are one of the better brokers. i am not sure if they do 19 year olds on CTRs though. i don't get the big deal its not like they are particularly fast or expensive, i guess they get pranged a lot as they are 3-5k.

you tried adrian flux yet. they are one of the better brokers. i am not sure if they do 19 year olds on CTRs though. i don't get the big deal its not like they are particularly fast or expensive, i guess they get pranged a lot as they are 3-5k.

yeah im just waiting for an email with the quote, ive got quotes for like 500 a month lol!

Indeed, a CTR is a hell of a lot of car for a 19 year old, you must be able to understand why insurers are quoting so much, in most cases it is a polite way of saying 'we do not want to insure you'.

v5 mums name named driver. standard. thats called fronting and is illegal. meanwhile get a £100 ford ka v5 in your name that doesn't run and insure it in your own name TPFT no windscreen cover £1000 excess and build up no claims on that whilst it rots in a scrapyard somewhere.

I'm 20 bought mine and stuck with admiral. Was 180 a month, but when everyone in the house agreed to go on a multi-car policy, it actually works out now at 154 a month fully comp. Quite good for my age I thought.

With the multi car policy, she said each car can have a different policy holder, i.e main driver (papers to prove) and accumulate NCB as usual. It just has to come out of one bank account the payment.

I got my EP3 when I had zero no claims and an SP30.

I had changed cars three times in 20 months and each time the new car wasn't welcome on my current policy and starting afresh was the cheaper option.

That being said Admiral were the cheapest and the year after that it was Bell, one of their sister companies.

Still cost me £1200 as a single payment and I was 28 at the time.

Back