• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior plastic paint colour

Ped

Hi, Ive tried searching but cannot find what im looking for.

The person who fit the CD player into my car made a right mess of the plastics so after pulling the CD player out and other temp/press dials i have taken the centre console apart for a referb and respray. Im trying to stay OEM so would like a matching paint colour. Any help on that and i would be grateful...

A few snaps of my progress

Japanese and hate flip ups (replacing with double din touch job)
DSC_0608.jpg

Dials, both CD player and dials surrounded with foam for some reason... idiots
DSC_0609.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

MMM wires :mad:
DSC_0614.jpg

Dials out, plenty of wire for a relocate but i think they're too big to go anywhere so possibly bin job unless anyone fancies them?
DSC_0615.jpg

Labelling up
DSC_0619.jpg

More disassembling
DSC_0617.jpg

Replacing screws as i go because it started to get a collection and they're all different!
DSC_0618.jpg

Sanding and a little file work
DSC_0622.jpg

Quick base coat for filler primer before i head out. (I sorted the dribble after the picture)
DSC_0623.jpg

The OEM colour is called 'Champagne Silver' the code is NH509L.
Vauxhall Blade Silver is the closet match you can buy.
also;

vauxhall star silver from halfords is a very close match​

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep!

Alternatively do it another colour - someone had theirs done in Cosmic Grey for example; it looked slick.

Few coats of Primer in
DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

And the colour i have gone for
DSC_0626.jpg

Didn't want anything glossy. And if i don't like it i will just respray it another colour :)

This is how its looking so far

DSC_0630.jpg

Doing the gear stick cover too but didn't get a picture. Tomorrow morning i will re-fit some switches ect to see how they look in it

Finished the painting

The photos don't give the Satin black and justice :) Im happy with it
DSC_0634.jpg

Reattached some stuff to get a better idea of how it will look in the car
DSC_0635.jpg

Looks a good job, but I fear it would look 'basic' inside the car.

Is that climate control?

Thanks Duffy. Im very happy with the finish. Shouldn't go too badly with the dash plastics which is what i was worried about.

Excatly, should blend in nicely. If it doesnt just respray it as close as you can to factory as you said

Back