• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior shampoo - recommendations?

Need to give the interior a bit of a wash and spruce and was wondering what people recommend.

I've got some marks on the suede part of the seat that I want to get shot of, the main fabric of the seats could do with a good scrub as could my mats. Ideally something that does all 3 would be good.

I've seen the Megs Carpet Cleaner shampoo and the ergo brush, which look pretty good. Any views on these?

Cheers in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the AG interior shampoo is pretty good for all interior surfaces.
Though to get marks out of fabrics I find I have to drown the mark in the shampoo and scrub like hell!

I think a couple of the marks on mine will need that kinda treatment too, who knows what the previous owner got up to in there. Actually, probably best not to know!

Do you brush or cloth scrub the area? I'm guessing the suede will need a gentler approach as it'll probably bobble up otherwise?

I think a couple of the marks on mine will need that kinda treatment too, who knows what the previous owner got up to in there. Actually, probably best not to know!

Do you brush or cloth scrub the area? I'm guessing the suede will need a gentler approach as it'll probably bobble up otherwise?

Dettol, then shampoo!

I usually use a microfibre cloth that has a faux suede texture on it. Not sure thats the right cloth to use, but it kind of grips the pile of the suede if you follow what I mean.

I also have a soft brush I picked up on the cheap from a supermarket. Its a bit more abrasive than the cloth and gets into the nooks and crannies.

The AG interior shampoo is certainly getting good press, it's a toss up between that and the Megs then. Do you guys give your mats a once over with the stuff too? That's my main area of focus, got some less-than-spanking-clean JDM mats that need some attention. :)

my mats are brand new so not tried it on that yet. do it in the evening or you will have a damp ass!

Time I finish washing the car there's no time to drive it lol, my biggest concern is steamed up windows post cleaning. Going to have to be a nice day so I can keep the windows open methinks. No amount of silica gel is going to help with that!

AG009.jpg

FTW.

When do my mats I just take them out, soak them and then use the upright hoover on them as if I was hoovering a carpet.

The AG stuff is good, not as good as I was expecting but with a brush and a couple of hoover passes the mats were looking much better. Weather pending I'm going to set to the rest of the interior with it tomorrow, was going to do today but ice started forming on the roof as I was drying the car off so thought better of it. :lol:

RE: the bobbling, I read somewhere one of those fuzz away jobs can take care of it.

The AG stuff is good, not as good as I was expecting but with a brush and a couple of hoover passes the mats were looking much better. Weather pending I'm going to set to the rest of the interior with it tomorrow, was going to do today but ice started forming on the roof as I was drying the car off so thought better of it. :lol:

RE: the bobbling, I read somewhere one of those fuzz away jobs can take care of it.

Hoovering sude doesn't damage it though does it?

I've never had any issues from hoovering Alacantara...... don't know about suede though...

Time I finish washing the car there's no time to drive it lol, my biggest concern is steamed up windows post cleaning. Going to have to be a nice day so I can keep the windows open methinks. No amount of silica gel is going to help with that!

When i worked at a car wash and did full interior cleans we would was the car out side first and what not then do the inside. Then open the windows half way (depending on the waether of course) with the engine running with the heating on full blowing on the floor and dash and leave it for a good few hours.

Hope that helps scriffy#

mr_sport

Back